The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2005, 03:51 PM   #1
bigarmzz

wtb-6" step side bed anywhere near wv

i'm lookin for me a decent (hopefully rust free ) 6" stepside bed....

i'm thinkin about puttin one on my 87 this winter.....(if i can find one at a decent price that is )

anyone got one near west virginia?

Last edited by bigarmzz; 08-10-2005 at 03:52 PM.
bigarmzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:22 PM   #2
86 GMG

are you going to take that beautiful straight bed of and put a stepper on it? and are we talking about tha black on you just finished
Old 08-10-2005, 05:18 PM   #3
bigarmzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 GMG
are you going to take that beautiful straight bed of and put a stepper on it? and are we talking about tha black on you just finished

yeah...

but for right now...i'm just thinkin about it....

i'd have to find a really nice stepside bed for me to bother...and i know its gonna be hard to find one at a price i'd like

seeing this truck on ebay made me just really want a stepside
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1

Last edited by bigarmzz; 08-10-2005 at 05:25 PM.
bigarmzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #4
86 GMG

ok i can understand your desires after seeing that truck but yours isnt anthing to be ashamed of for darn sure
Old 08-10-2005, 07:55 PM   #5
bluex

I have one in South Carolina, is that close enough? It has a little surface rust, but nothing major. Its very straight, only one small quarter sized dent on the pass. fender, right on the edge. It needs a new front panel, but has the GMC tailgate and it is in great shape. Its off an '84, so no marker lights in the fender and a dr side gas tank with a filler door. Needs new tailight lenses as the PO put blue dots in there. I'll try and get you some pics tomorrow if your interested.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:45 PM   #6
bigarmzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluex
I have one in South Carolina, is that close enough? It has a little surface rust, but nothing major. Its very straight, only one small quarter sized dent on the pass. fender, right on the edge. It needs a new front panel, but has the GMC tailgate and it is in great shape. Its off an '84, so no marker lights in the fender and a dr side gas tank with a filler door. Needs new tailight lenses as the PO put blue dots in there. I'll try and get you some pics tomorrow if your interested.

get me some pics....

where exactly are you in SC?..i'll do a mapquest....its a long drive for me, but man it sure is beautiful down there....it'd make the drive worth it just for the scenery

i'd probaly just rent a small utility trailer and strap it on that (i think)

anyways, post some pics when you get em...thanks
Old 08-11-2005, 06:00 AM   #7
muddyole 69

bed

Hey I have the one I got here for I think it was a hundred bucks not super nice but a start will sell it to you for that if you care to see pics let me know Mike
Old 08-11-2005, 07:38 AM   #8
bigarmzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyole 69
Hey I have the one I got here for I think it was a hundred bucks not super nice but a start will sell it to you for that if you care to see pics let me know Mike
sure post em....

as long as the box is in good shape, i think you can still buy the fenders aftermarket...(i think)
Old 08-11-2005, 08:53 AM   #9
beaterC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigarmzz
as long as the box is in good shape, i think you can still buy the fenders aftermarket...(i think)
You might have trouble finding a fender with a driver side filler door and no marker lights (79-87). Make sure you get the filler neck adapters with the fenders, they are unique to a stepper and aren't available from GM or the aftermarket.
beaterC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:10 AM   #10
75stepside
*Proud Member*

Quote:
seeing this truck on ebay made me just really want a stepside
you know i'm a fan!
75stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:20 AM   #11
bigarmzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaterC10
You might have trouble finding a fender with a driver side filler door and no marker lights (79-87). Make sure you get the filler neck adapters with the fenders, they are unique to a stepper and aren't available from GM or the aftermarket.

interesting...i didnt know that...

where is a good place to find the drivers side with filler door?

.....just incase i need to find one
Old 08-11-2005, 10:37 AM   #12
AspecialZ
Street Rod Restoration

bed

I just got one that I will be selling from an south carolina truck, if you are interestered in seeing it let me know, it's pretty straight.

Quote:
i'm lookin for me a decent (hopefully rust free ) 6" stepside bed....

i'm thinkin about puttin one on my 87 this winter.....(if i can find one at a decent price that is )

anyone got one near west virginia?
Old 08-11-2005, 10:42 AM   #13
bigarmzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspecialZ
I just got one that I will be selling from an south carolina truck, if you are interestered in seeing it let me know, it's pretty straight.

heck yeah man...

post some pics...your not too far away at all
Old 08-11-2005, 02:24 PM   #14
CHEVYE
my gas saver

i was thinking of having a stepper painted for mine too . that way you can swap em out and mess with people . that is a .
ebay feedback
CHEVYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 02:32 PM   #15
bigarmzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVYE
i was thinking of having a stepper painted for mine too . that way you can swap em out and mess with people . that is a .

exactly.....exactly
Old 08-11-2005, 09:02 PM   #16
bluex

I probably wont be able to beat these guys prices. I'd like to get about $350 for it. It does have the dr side filler door and I have the correct factory filler neck. Here are the pics I have here. I can get more, but it will be around sept for my sons birthday when I am back up there with it. Its still in SC and I miss it.

That small trailer there is the one i used to get it home. It fit, but one side was hanging off.

I also have a black vynil tonneau cover for it. Its off a '96 stepside, I only drilled three small 1/8 size holes in the bed to mount it. It fits great and works good. I'll include it as well. I put a new piece of 3/4" treated plywood in the bottom as well b/c the factory boards were rotted out. The stips are gone as well b/c I had to cut most of them out.

Last edited by bluex; 08-11-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:15 PM   #17
bigarmzz

Quote:
I probably wont be able to beat these guys prices. I'd like to get about $350 for it. It does have the dr side filler door and I have the correct factory filler neck. Here are the pics I have here. I can get more, but it will be around sept for my sons birthday when I am back up there with it. Its still in SC and I miss it.

That small trailer there is the one i used to get it home. It fit, but one side was hanging off.

I also have a black vynil tonneau cover for it. Its off a '96 stepside, I only drilled three small 1/8 size holes in the bed to mount it. It fits great and works good. I'll include it as well. I put a new piece of 3/4" treated plywood in the bottom as well b/c the factory boards were rotted out. The stips are gone as well b/c I had to cut most of them out.

heck, does it look as good in "real life" as it does in the pics???

dont look like theres any rust at all in the pics...

where can a guy get those strips that go in the bottom of the bed?..i'd like to return it to the way it was, if i can, and if i get it

thanks
Old 08-11-2005, 09:23 PM   #18
AspecialZ
Street Rod Restoration

truck bed

i posted the truck in an earlier thread, but I have yet to take anyhting off it since I got it, It's a very nice truck, minus the 3 inches of southern mud under it..
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2005, 09:25 PM   #19
bigarmzz

Quote:
i posted the truck in an earlier thread, but I have yet to take anyhting off it since I got it, It's a very nice truck, minus the 3 inches of southern mud under it..

that dont look too bad Z, .....any rust on it?

looks like the filler neck is on the pass side.....
Old 08-11-2005, 10:00 PM   #20
AspecialZ
Street Rod Restoration

yea..

yea, filler neck is on the pass side, only one tank, but I don't know if the fenders or bed can go yet, I bought a mar-k complete bed and rollpan about 5 months ago, and it will be a while before this come off i'm sure, but your welcome to swing by if your in the area and take a look, it's cancer free, but surface rust in some places.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:16 PM   #21
bigarmzz

Quote:
yea, filler neck is on the pass side, only one tank, but I don't know if the fenders or bed can go yet, I bought a mar-k complete bed and rollpan about 5 months ago, and it will be a while before this come off i'm sure, but your welcome to swing by if your in the area and take a look, it's cancer free, but surface rust in some places.

i didnt know you could get a complete bed from mar-k?
Old 08-12-2005, 09:23 PM   #22
bluex

Quote:
heck, does it look as good in "real life" as it does in the pics???

dont look like theres any rust at all in the pics...

where can a guy get those strips that go in the bottom of the bed?..i'd like to return it to the way it was, if i can, and if i get it

thanks
IMO yes it does. I was very picky in my search for a bed as I want this to be a show quality truck in the future and was trying to avoid all the expensive body work. There is a little bit of surface rust, but that is all, nothing all the way through.

The strips you can get at many different places, along with the correct bed wood. My plan was to get the crossmemebers, wood and strips from mar-k to completely hide all the bolts.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:32 AM   #23
beaterC10

Quote:

If Bigarmz doesn't want the bed would you sell the tailgate? I was thinking about converting my Chevy into a GMC.
beaterC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:51 PM   #24
bluex

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaterC10
If Bigarmz doesn't want the bed would you sell the tailgate? I was thinking about converting my Chevy into a GMC.

No if he doesnt get it I will probably keep it. That was one reason I bought this one b/c it had the GMC tailgate and mine is a GMC as well.