The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: should i leave ?
just ignore the aforementioned offending members and move on as usual? 31 53.45%
do nothing to change anything at all? 3 5.17%
take a vacation and come back after a month or couple of months? 6 10.34%
quit wasting time and effort and just get off of here 6 10.34%
wasting my time by posting this poll ? 10 17.24%
already apologized to them, so thats not an option any longer, should i take apology back ? 2 3.45%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2002, 01:56 PM   #1
Fast68Chevy
Account Suspended

is it over ?

Members, I'm just curious.....
Seems to me that not many wish to see me post here any longer, I suppose i am just in the way alot and do nothing but cause problems, just checking here first before i move on, was good while it lasted til the last month or so when it got real crappy...

I do not care to see responses from the following members: fine69, whateva, gmcblu, Shane

Thanks for anything at all,
R
Fast68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 02:02 PM   #2
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Randy, there are over 5000 members here. Disagreement between a couple members doesn't seem like a legitiment reason to move on, but it's your call.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 02:16 PM   #3
dion
72 Cheyenne

I wouldn't worry too much about it, things should blow over.
1966/67Stouts
dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 02:17 PM   #4
jay-dawg
chevelito

sup randy,
you have been very helpful to alot of us. taking time to explain and give us advice on our trucks. Because the internet lacks alot of the facial expressions that our faces give off, people can take the words and interpret them wrong. I know thats how one of the threads got so out of hand. So I hope you do stay on and keep alot of us focused on finishing our trucks.

jay

Aloha from Honolulu, HI
jay-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 02:20 PM   #5
colohusker

You forgot an option on the poll. Stop spending so much time here, and build your truck! I haven't found anything here yet, but going to NE this weekend and might take a look at a couple. Family members right now are workng on 3 of them to see if they are for sale, and what kind of condition.

Scott

'71 C10 Deluxe, factory ac, ps, pb, should be done by 2102

Longmont, CO
husker95@hotmail.com
colohusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 02:25 PM   #6
68 with 350 TPI

I for one would hate to see any of us leave this board.

Think of it like a family....People have problems and move on.

I dont even know what the heck happend to make you want to leave but im sure it will pass.

I have had a lot of respect for this board as it dosent seem to have the (kids) like other boards I have been a part of.

If you or whoever is involved has said their sorry for whatever it was then thats all you can do.

" Cant we all just get along"

Im sure that we are all adults here and can work through problems.

Hope you stay around.
BTW I send you the $ for the R hood letter so look for it in a few days.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:42 PM   #7
Woody

Randy,

I would hate for this board to lose your knowledge and helpfulness. And we don't want you to go away mad. Please don't get mad at me for this but you do tend to cry in your beer sometimes (not that we all don't) on here. We all would like to see you finish your truck and think you might spend too much time here on the BB eating, sleeping, reading, writing, trucks. I have 2 boys (10 & 13 yr old) and when then have been on the Video games or computer too long they get grumpy as he!!. I put a limit on their TV/Computer time and also make them earn time by doing chores. This helps quite a bit but does not solve it all. As some one else said the internet is without facial expressions so it all sounds like 'YOU' think the person said it, instead of how they really meant for it to sound. Try this: Limit the time you spend on the BB, Your "Chore" is to work on your truck, give yourself a little Computer time for 'Working on your truck' Maybe 1 min of computer time for each hr of working on the truck. Use a timer for the computer time and stick to it. This will help you reset your priorities in order. After all the time you spend on here is time you are not working on your truck..........Take Care and Good Luck
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 02:50 PM   #8
ThreeQuarter

Since you brought it up...

You can read this quote in my post in the review forum:

Quote:
Randy has as much right to be here as I do.
And I mean that. Whether you go or stay, I really don't care. It's how you do business (see review board post) and how you treat people who threaten your board "popularity" (calling them "pissy") that needs to change. Stop making yourself out to be the victim.
ThreeQuarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 03:18 PM   #9
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
I do not care to see responses from the following members: fine69, whateva, gmcblu, Shane
Dude.....why do you continue to bash me???

Do I not have the same right as everyone else on this board and express my opinion when I feel I have been wronged???

It is your perogative as to whether you remain as a member on this board...that is totally up to you.

With that said, I will now post my reply.....I have never had any bad dealings or arguments with anyone on this board other than our "disagreement" two weeks ago. I have made every effort to keep the disagreement you and I had to at least a "bearable" discussion....but when you make remarks like that, I have no way of defending myself. You continue to rehash an argument that I would have liked to let die. I would not have posted a reply to this, but you went as far as naming me and 3 others at the bottom of your post. I would have let our disagreement pass, but you "stirred the pot" again by naming names. What did you expect from me?? Just to sit by idly and let you continue to bash me??? I cannot speak for the others that were named, but as far as an apology.....I cannot reject something that was never extended to me.

Last edited by Shane; 06-27-2002 at 03:54 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 03:38 PM   #10
junkyardjohn

Talking

GEEZE RANDY -- JUST CAUSE YOU PISSED SOME PEOPLE OFF DOESN'T MEAN YOUR ONLY OPTION IS TO PICK UP ALL YOUR MARBLES & GO HOME. MAYBE YOU JUST NEED TO CHANGE THE WAY YOU REPLY TO POSTS, & THINK ABOUT THE EFFECT YOUR COMMENTS & "OPINIONS" HAVE ON OTHER PEOPLE. YOU SEEM TO FEEL THE NEED TO REPLY TO POSTS, NOT TO SAY ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE OR HELPFUL, BUT TO ADD TO YOUR # OF POSTS. YOUR PROBABLY A NICE KID, & DON'T MEAN TO COME OFF THE WAY YOU SEEM TO, BUT THIS "IN MY OPINION" STUFF GETS OLD IN ONE H*LL OF A HURRY. (TRY KEEPING YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF UNTIL SOMEONE ASKS FOR IT) YOU SEEM TO REALLY ENJOY THESE TRUCKS, & HAVE ALOT OF INFORMATION, THAT WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL TO MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD, & I FOR ONE WOULD HATE TO SEE YOU GO, BUT THIS "POOR RANDY" SH!T HAS GOT TO STOP. YOU SEEM TO THINK THAT YOU"VE REALLY HAD IT TOUGH IN LIFE, BUT LET ME TELL YOU, I'VE ( & I'M SURE ALOT OF OTHER MEMBERS) BEEN THRU SOME AWFUL TIMES THAT NO HUMAN SHOULD HAVE TO GO THRU & MAKES ALL YOUR PROBLEMS SEEM PRETTY PALE IN COMPARISON. YOU'VE GOTTA DO WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT, BUT HOW ABOUT TRYING TO MAKE ALL YOUR FUTURE POSTS POSITIVE, UPBEAT & HELPFUL?? I KNOW - I KNOW - YOU'RE PROBABLY SAYING " HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT I'VE BEEN THRU" KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!!
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 03:41 PM   #11
71BBK10
Teufelhunden

its really none of my business but naming names of people you don't wanna see posts from probably just egged 'em on even more. anyway, just caus theres a few people that have it in for you is no reason to leave, i say if you don't like me, thats your goddamn problem.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:44 PM   #12
whateva

shane,the same thing happened to me. I disagreed a few months ago to something this guy said. then a week ago he slams me???? this guy ask for his own problems and then wants sympothy. i ask myself, how could someone let a message board effect them so much? quit the self pitty and get on with it.
whateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 03:58 PM   #13
Alexis
Member since 2000

close this thread

save the fcking drama for somewhere else. randy stick to the poeple who want your thoughts. stay away from poeple who you have not so much of a great coonection other then this board. you leave them alone they leave you alone, visaversa(i hope i got this word right, doudt it though). let just cut this bullshet. i got a request, someone close this thread before it gets out of hand. just leave each other alone, its simple.
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 04:04 PM   #14
hanssolo

Stay.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:07 PM   #15
Low69CST

Re: close this thread

Quote:
Originally posted by alexmart1
save the fcking drama for somewhere else.
I couldn't have said it better.
Quad Suspension and Dual Tanks
Low69CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 04:14 PM   #16
COBALT

Boo Hoo, Randy. Don't be a flake. Grow up.

Seattle, WA.
COBALT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 04:20 PM   #17
Super Chevy

Randy,there are 5k people here,beause of 4 that dont like you,your gonna leave...Suck it up man,you dont wanna be remembered as that winey kid we all remember in grade school do you?

S-C
Super Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 04:35 PM   #18
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

I don't think anyone dislikes you. I've talked to Shane a few times, and I'm sure that he don't dislike anyone. I remember the post that you're referring too, and I think that you took a bunch of things totally wrong. I definately don't have anything against you and doubt I ever will, so if anything I say is taken in a bad way, that's not the way I mean't it.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 05:46 PM   #19
SCOTI

Randy, I don't know you @ all but I've been watching the board for a while now & here's my thoughts - take 'em or leave 'em as you wish.
#1: You seem to have a thorough knowledge of these trucks & that makes you an asset to most people on this board. Why walk away from something your good with & can help others?
#2: You may not feel these members in question have legitimate gripes but from the info thats public it's quite possible they do. People disagree all the time, that's no reason to get all dramatic & feel your unwanted.
#3: Lately you have posted several 'poor me' posts(for lack of a better term). Everyone goes through hard times, it's part of growing up & life in general sometimes. If life is treating you poorly, you & only you can change that. I've seen some good advice from several board members who felt they themselves have been in the same situation. If your situation is bad there, move somewhere else or do something about it. I work for a small dairy co. that is always looking for hardworking, dedicated people w/initiative. Does this sound like you? If so, I know there are other companys that would also want such an individual. I don't have a college degree so don't let that stop you.
#4: Go back & see if it's possible you were in the wrong w/these individuals. Different people see things differently, good or bad. Maybe you can learn something from these situations about yourself & how you relate to people. If one person complains about you it could just be their opinion, if more than one complains, it could be the way you handle the details.
Anyway, I didn't mean to write a frcking novel, just food for thought.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 06:03 PM   #20
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

Thumbs up

Speaking from experiance I'd say stay. There are a lot of cool guys and gals here with lots to offer
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 06:07 PM   #21
crews
It just doesn't matter

WOW!!! I have no idea what I have missed, but what the he!!- heres my .02 cents......

1. You can't please everyone all of the time...stop trying.

2.There are always going to be people who DO NOT LIKE YOU.
Period. These are people whom you have not had any dealings with. It just happens...human nature. ( see note 1)

3. Even you, can and will be WRONG. Accept it. It makes everyone around you suddenly seem smarter once you do.

4.Stop whining. NO ONE LIKES A WHINER.

5.Stay and play with the rest of the kids. If someone says something you don't agree with...BE NICE. Even if they continue...BE NICE.

6. Remember...if someone is mad at you today, ask them to take a number...there are people ahead of them who haven't been helped yet. Then go on.

7. Did I mention the no whining thing?

8.Can you hear me now? Good....lets get back to the reason Josh put this board together....

If you don't like me- TAKE A NUMBER; There are people ahead of you!!
crews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 06:07 PM   #22
68 Suburban

Randy, I have always thought I had a good repore with you. A few days ago I disagreed with you that vehicles with "drum brakes are worthless and un-safe" comment. You all of a sudden became hostile and posted "leave me alone". You also posted some more hostile stuff and then you deleted the whole post so there was no evidence. Message boards are going to have a lot of different personalities and opinions, if your response is to get pissed off at everyone that disagrees with you, maybe you need to take a break from the board until you can get it together. Quit looking at the whole world like it is out to get you.

I also question why you keep bringing up these peoples names who you don't want to have contact with? I would think it would be best to just let it die.

I also think this is a stupid poll. If you enjoy being here, stay. If you don't, leave. Why would you care what the hell other poeple think about you being here?

P.S. TJ, what group in the 80's sang that song "Should I Stay or Should I Go"?

Last edited by 68 Suburban; 06-27-2002 at 06:16 PM.
68 Suburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 06:18 PM   #23
71BBK10
Teufelhunden

68, "the clash"
Old 06-27-2002, 06:22 PM   #24
68 Suburban

71BBK10, Thanks
Old 06-27-2002, 06:26 PM   #25
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

stick around...