The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-28-2005, 07:52 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done?

As usual I didn't work on any of my project trucks. I did get pics of my exhaust though. It's starting to take shape.

I spent yesterday and today working in my yard. I brought in reinforcements today since it was getting out of hand. We managed to bag another 12 -15 bags of trimmings. It looks great, but it's too dang hot to enjoy it....

What did you get done?
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 08-28-2005 at 07:53 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:23 PM   #2
Grande Rojo
paper or plastic?

Springfield,MO had the 38th Automotive swap meet. I had a spot and sold lots of parts and a car.

The guy in the next spot over from me is a good mark hood dealer.
To make a long story short he wanted a set of rally wheels I had and I wanted a 73-80 Cowl hood. Guess what I got sitting in the Garage?
Grande Rojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:34 PM   #3
bagged74
its just $$$$$

I actually went backwards this week
I took my new driver and made it undrivable. I did some swapping that involved the wheels that were on my purple truck. The guy I traded was going to let me use his 17"s until my new wheels came in. I later learned that my truck will not turn with his wheels on it. So now it is sitting in the shop waiting for the new wheels to arrive.

i also had to make some room in the garage for this!
Attached Images

bagged74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:34 PM   #4
82c10
needin' money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grande Rojo
Springfield,MO had the 38th Automotive swap meet. I had a spot and sold lots of parts and a car.

The guy in the next spot over from me is a good mark hood dealer.
To make a long story short he wanted a set of rally wheels I had and I wanted a 73-80 Cowl hood. Guess what I got sitting in the Garage?
a cowl hood?
i didn't do anything except put wire loom over the battery cables
Old 08-28-2005, 09:35 PM   #5
SCOTI

Let's see . . .... Friday I worked on getting my pool table put together. I'm having a hard time getting the wax to fill the champhered (sp?) holes flush w/the slate. I kept getting slight divots in the wax, which required more wax to fill, which required more heat, which enevitably brought back the divots!

I need to do 2 more holes & 1 seam & it's ready for felt.

Saturday, I was woken by the ringing of my cell w/problems @ work. I went to the bank & then to work & stayed there the rest of the day. I went to Redline Raceway Sat night & watched some races for fun.

Sunday started w/helping another neighbor mow/edge the house between ours. It seems the occupants moved out & are letting the yard go to crap. After a few weeks it was making the yards adjacent to it look bad as well so we decided to do it ourselves. As soon as I finished up w/that . . ..... yet another call from work w/another problem. Back to work @ 2-ish & I'm still here waiting for some test results before I am good to go.

So . . . ...... no truck related fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged74
.... i also had to make some room in the garage for this!
I remember that truck from GoodGuys (FT.Worth) a couple of years ago. Sweet ride.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 08-28-2005 at 09:39 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:41 PM   #6
bigblock73
yeller

I spent $400 on ignition components for Yeller. Pro billit distributor, coil, firewall feed thru, coil wire, plug wires, and plug wire looms...all MSD stuff except the looms. I have now started my underhood and ignition wiring...hope to fire the big block in two weeks...I hope!
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:55 PM   #7
bagged74
its just $$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI

I remember that truck from GoodGuys (FT.Worth) a couple of years ago. Sweet ride.
It should be a little sweeter in a week or so. It just got all new black leather interior, and I am going to build a fiberglass console to house a single 10" subwoofer.
bagged74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:12 PM   #8
82c10
needin' money

o forgot, put a new insurance verificattion form in it, and put a parking permit sticker on the front passenger side bottom of the windshield
Old 08-28-2005, 11:21 PM   #9
u2slow
Web Wheeler

The guy came to take away my '83 C30 cab today. I've been so used to doing everything by myself that loading a bare cab into a trailer with 3 guys was almost effortless.

Worked on the kitchen too. Its about 80% done. It's usable again, so we 'moved back in'. (We were using the basement suite kitchen in the interim). Still have to install the new lighting, build the fridge surround, misc painting, and base molding. I'd post pics, but all my camera batteries are dead

'66 C10 longstep - Clifford equiped
'84 C20 Suburban 6.2L - awaiting 4x4 conversion
'91 V3500 Crewcab - awaiting diesel swap
u2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:25 PM   #10
cliffsta
Stepsides RULE

Changed the blower motor fan speed switch and that was a BIA!!

Some random yard work. Ironically, saturday we dropped some dead limbs and now this hurricane is headed our way.

This morning (sunday) we filled up all our vehicles b4 gas goes insane and the pumps are all busy, and me and my sis put our vehicles in the front yard, cause some limbs we couldn't get to hang over the driveway. Momma's van is under the carport and daddy will be at work.

Just kinda watchin' the news, hoping the best for our friends in the southern part of the state.
2009 Kawasaki KLX-250S too many mods for this signature
1999 Honda Accord EX 4-cylinder, 17" Motegi Wheels 215/45/17 Sumitomo tires, Tein S-Tech lowering springs, KYB GR2 shocks, Acura TL 20mm rear swaybar, debadged, blackhoused headlights, Short-Ram Intake
Cardomain of the Accord
cliffsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:36 AM   #11
GMCLS1
1987 GMC Sierra Classic

I removed the old bench seat and put in a set of buckets out of a 87 burb.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:21 AM   #12
Izzy
Trucker.

Got the wifes truck aligned after she took it to another shop and they tried to tell me the balljoints, pitman and outter tie rods were shot. The parts were fine and it aligned to within .3 degrees.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:22 AM   #13
86 GMG

friday i worked on the mother in-laws farm truck that caught fire, saturday i watched my son while the wife was at work we just hung out at home all morning and early afternoon we went to pick up my wife around 1:30. she decided to give my son his first hair cut that was really cool he will be 1 year old sept 21 saturday nught we went to afriends house to play cards until 2.30 my wife got drunk so i had to babysit my wife and my son sunday i kinda just layed around until about 3.30 and then i went out and played in the garage, i ended up panting the motor nount brackets and the spendals once dried i installed the brackets after that i staightend up the garage and took out the trash for the wife and thats about it.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:12 AM   #14
Ric83

I know it is kind of late, but just got back in. This weekend I went to Juarez in Mexico to get my Fiance her visa. All went great!! We had no issues whatsoever. Everything was approved and we were on our way. So, now she is living here in the states and we are getting everything ready to get married.

Oh yeah, I also forgot, it was my d-day. Not a bad gift to myself.

Last edited by Ric83; 09-01-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Ric83 is offline   Reply With Quote