The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-29-2005, 10:37 AM   #1
86 GMG

motor mount brackets

i have just painted and installed the motor mount brackets on my new frame (the plate that bolts on the the top of the frame to the crossmember and had never noticed before that they have oblonged or adjustment holes in them to go forward and backwards why is that an option and where should i be for a sbc i really dont want to have to adjust after motor is in the frame if i can keep from it thanks for the info it will be very appreciated.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:54 PM   #2
86 GMG

come on guys ten views and not even a single idea or reason of what these adjustments are for? please help!
Old 08-29-2005, 12:59 PM   #3
bigblock73
yeller

Just bolt the plates (with the engine mounts attached to them) to the frame loosely, then slide in your engine. Once the engine is bolted to the mounts, let the engine settle in the frame. Once it is in, double check your trans mount...if everything lines up, bolt down the engine plates/towers. That is what I did, and it worked out great.

They make them adjustable for many reasons, slight frame differences for one, and ease of installation as well. You are just making it difficult on your own.

Last edited by bigblock73; 08-29-2005 at 01:00 PM.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:56 PM   #4
86 GMG

dodge thanks i expected an answer like that but wanted to make sure before i went to far b/c i have never been around a frame restore project and basically didnt want to waste money. expecially after my son was born money tends to mean more than oh well friday is a few days away.