The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2002, 09:48 PM   #1
Alvin
Never Done?

Post Finally got my first truck

After a few years of searching, today I brought home my first truck. It's a white 68 GMC short/fleet. It has a 350/350th combo, converted to five lug all around, leaf spring rear, front power disc brakes, power steering, most (if not all) of the a/c parts I need, factory air cab, 67-8 chevy grille with new mouldings, brand new chrome bumpers front and rear.
Now for the bad stuff. Later model side molding that looks really bad, poorly tinted windows, both dash and doors cut for sound system, cracked windshield, no dash pad, needs fuel sending unit, and side mirrors. But I think it's a pretty solid truck. No noticeable rust really. A little bondo in a couple of spots, and a cheap paint job with peeling clear coat. But it made the 110 mile trip home today, and averaged 13mpg. Better than I'd figured it would be.
Now that I have a truck, I'm sure I'll be asking a variety of questions. Just thought I'd let you guys know. And I should have pictures to post within a week.

------------------
- Adam L. Vogel
White 68 GMC short, fleet, 350/TH350, 67-8 chevy grille, 5-lugs, front power disc brakes, power steering, a/c (not complete yet)

Ethel has been sold.
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote