The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-13-2005, 02:52 AM   #1
navybear70
hometown heroes!

Unhappy WTB: rear coil spring mounting plates and bolts, etc.

Forgive the multiple posts, but I really wanted to make sure this got out. I just decided to switch my lowered springs for a buddie's stock ones. (His rear's were almost brand new! ) We ended up needing to remove my bed for access and found a plethera of bad juju!
1. All four coil spring mounting plates(stud brackets) are almost useless
2. three spring mounting bolts snapped
3. left shock bolts(upper and lower) trashed.
4. both axle ubolts too small, left one loose from humungous hole drilled in the axle plate
5. bushings gone on whatever-arm connected from frame to axle(I can't think right now)
6. no bed bolts(bed held down with four undersized generic bolts
7. all four front bed bolt mounting plates need replacing
8. both coil spring mounting plates(ones riveted to frame) are rusted away
9. most cross-members are too rusted to deal with.
9. and the grandaddy...the frame is rusted away on both sides where the spring mounting plates are! Even the support plates are useless. Some previous owner had a broken leaf spring bolted to the pass. side just to hold the coil spring in place!

O.K...now to business. Does anyone sell any of these things; or have some lying around that aren't being used? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

In His service,
Wes Pamplin

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. -Robert E. Lee

"Never give up ground you've already taken." -Unknown
navybear70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:08 AM   #2
bisquik65
Account Suspended

I have new coil u-bolts. $30 a pair shipped to you,stock or 2 inches longer for the lowering blocks.
bisquik65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:11 AM   #3
bisquik65
Account Suspended

Are you a longbed truck? I have a 68 2wd frame here with all the stuff you need I am 1 1/2 hours north of asheville n.c. in bakersville n.c. 28705 I am changing the truck to K/20 4x4 ...
Old 09-13-2005, 11:46 AM   #4
navybear70
hometown heroes!

Thanks Bisquick65, but my truck has coil springs in the rear and the truck is a shortbed. I don't think a full frame swap is necessary, just some serious strengthening at the mounts. I'll post pics in the 67-72 message forum.

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. -Robert E. Lee

Last edited by navybear70; 09-13-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:59 PM   #5
bisquik65
Account Suspended

I can cut anything you need off this longbed frame..it has rear coils...Let me know.. I can get you new u-bolts,and all the frame brackets from the cab back,and the coil mounts,$100 + shipping. from 28705 bakersville n.c.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:33 PM   #6
navybear70
hometown heroes!

can you post or PM me some pics? I need most of the mounting hardware for the rear shocks and coil springs. Also need correct size axle ubolts. Need all new cross members, including the main one that the upper shock mounts are attached to include spring mounts(the ones riveted to the frame and cross member). I need the two raised bed mounts second from the cab.I also need the section of frame over the spring mounts. About 9 inches on either side of where the mounts are would probably be good(use your judgement). I want something that I can take to the welders and say here's the replacement piece. Weld it and strengthen it.
I'm not making any promises, but if your parts are in good condition and this stepside donor falls through, then I am interested. Need pics first.

Any questions or raised eyebrows about my descriptions, see my pic post in the 67-72 message forum.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:59 PM   #7
oteixeira

Stuff you need

Navybear,

Not sure if you are on with the big Ophi out there in the water. I am in Wilson, NC, right off of I-95 two hours north of the SC boarder, and have all these parts if you are willing to run up here and cut them off of a long bed frame. I think I might be closer then bisquick (he is in the mountains) and I know what it feels like to unearth a freekin mess you didn't know about. Come on up if you want some free stuff....

Orlando
Old 09-13-2005, 03:55 PM   #8
bisquik65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by oteixeira
Navybear,

Not sure if you are on with the big Ophi out there in the water. I am in Wilson, NC, right off of I-95 two hours north of the SC boarder, and have all these parts if you are willing to run up here and cut them off of a long bed frame. I think I might be closer then bisquick (he is in the mountains) and I know what it feels like to unearth a freekin mess you didn't know about. Come on up if you want some free stuff....

Orlando
Thats fine with me if your closer. I am 10 miles from tenn. Thats is alot closer to you.. And my truck still has a body on it...but not for long. Thanks,Erick
I can get pics if you want.

My new u-bolts are the correct size also,$30 a pair. Includes shipping

Last edited by bisquik65; 09-13-2005 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:50 PM   #9
Blue_71
Bloo

i have everythign you need here also, from a lwb or a swb frame, but im further then either other guy. if you are interested however, i have a complete-good shape rolling 67 swb frame with a 3.73 rear, only missing the panhard bar, $175
1971 Chevy Custom/10 (first truck) 350, NV3500 5 speed
1971 Chevy K20 Custom Camper 4x4 350 TBI, SM465/NP205
1974 Chevy Custom Deluxe/10
1979 Chevy Custom Deluxe K10 farm truck beater
1989 Chevy K2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson, Cause I'm a country boy
35s whinin on the asphalt, grabbin mud, throwin up some red dirt
R.I.P. Michael Stilts... I will always love and miss you brother! (9-12-80, murdered 4-9-05)

Last edited by Blue_71; 09-13-2005 at 05:51 PM.
Blue_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:43 PM   #10
GloryHound
Working on a Nova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navybear70
Forgive the multiple posts, but I really wanted to make sure this got out. I just decided to switch my lowered springs for a buddie's stock ones. (His rear's were almost brand new! ) We ended up needing to remove my bed for access and found a plethera of bad juju!
1. All four coil spring mounting plates(stud brackets) are almost useless
2. three spring mounting bolts snapped
3. left shock bolts(upper and lower) trashed.
4. both axle ubolts too small, left one loose from humungous hole drilled in the axle plate
5. bushings gone on whatever-arm connected from frame to axle(I can't think right now)
6. no bed bolts(bed held down with four undersized generic bolts
7. all four front bed bolt mounting plates need replacing
8. both coil spring mounting plates(ones riveted to frame) are rusted away
9. most cross-members are too rusted to deal with.
9. and the grandaddy...the frame is rusted away on both sides where the spring mounting plates are! Even the support plates are useless. Some previous owner had a broken leaf spring bolted to the pass. side just to hold the coil spring in place!

O.K...now to business. Does anyone sell any of these things; or have some lying around that aren't being used? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

In His service,
Wes Pamplin

I have a short wheel base coil spring frame here that has all the riveted mounting plates and all the crossmembers in really good shape. Just the main side rails are bent. Selling the whole thing for $25.00 just have to come and get her.

Also have a pair of trailing arms in OK condition and a good set of lower shock mounts that I'm selling with the following brand new Items.
1. 4 coil spring clamps with all new mounting hardware
2. set of control arm mounting bolts with lock washers and nuts
3. Tracking arm stud kit (All the hardware for mounting the tracking arm to axle)
4. Tracking arm to frame bolt, lock washer, and nut
5. poly tracking arm and trailing arm bushings.
6. Rear control arm bumpers (2)
7. All the hardware for mounting the rear shocks.

All of that for $150.00 just need to come and get it. This is everything to rebuild the rear suspension of a truck except tracking arm, shocks, springs, and U-bolts.

Last edited by GloryHound; 09-13-2005 at 07:44 PM.
GloryHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:54 AM   #11
navybear70
hometown heroes!

wow...nice response! You guys should have been in charge of the Katrina relief efforts!

I'm not sure yet where I'm going to get this stuff from. Money will play the part. Also, need to wait and see if this 69 stepside donor pans out this week.

bisquik65: Thanks for the frame offer, but too far away. Your $100 offer is sounding good though. Just so I understand...you are offering the Ubolts and all frame brackets? That includes the center(side to side) rails, front 4 bed bolt brackets, spring mounts, etc., right?
oteixeira: free.99 sounds great, but still too far away. I'll need to find something closer.
Blue_71: Your $175 rolling swb sounds like the best deal, but waaay too far away. I don't even WANT to know what shipping would cost me
GloryHound: If I need them, would you be willing to sell SOME of those new parts? I don't need half of them,, and with my budget, I can only afford to buy what I need.

Old 09-14-2005, 03:56 PM   #12
bisquik65
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by navybear70
wow...nice response! You guys should have been in charge of the Katrina relief efforts!

I'm not sure yet where I'm going to get this stuff from. Money will play the part. Also, need to wait and see if this 69 stepside donor pans out this week.

bisquik65: Thanks for the frame offer, but too far away. Your $100 offer is sounding good though. Just so I understand...you are offering the Ubolts and all frame brackets? That includes the center(side to side) rails, front 4 bed bolt brackets, spring mounts, etc., right?
oteixeira: free.99 sounds great, but still too far away. I'll need to find something closer.
Blue_71: Your $175 rolling swb sounds like the best deal, but waaay too far away. I don't even WANT to know what shipping would cost me
GloryHound: If I need them, would you be willing to sell SOME of those new parts? I don't need half of them,, and with my budget, I can only afford to buy what I need.

Yes that is , all the brackets,crossmember..what ever,$100. + shipping or if you just want to take a ride? I am a little far,Check the closer stuff 1st I dont blame you for me being to far....