The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-04-2005, 07:58 PM   #1
76bonanza

wierd question

My truck is lowered with springs in front 3 inch and cheap shocks. When I drive slow and turn I can feel a slight thumping in the floor. Nothing is hitting it and it is not rubbing. Now mind you the floor is just carpet no insulation of any kind. And I know slow truning puts the most strain on the suspention. is it just vibration from the frame and suspension I am feeling? The cab mounts are not that great either. If I move my foot down to flat part of floor there is some insulation and I feel nothing. (as a side note I can feel the bass from my generic speakers in the floor also).

Thanks
76bonanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:39 PM   #2
68 short step

sounds like tire is turning to far and you are 'pushing' the tire forward oppesed to turning and thats the sound. ford trucks and jeeps have this problem too.
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:48 PM   #3
pjmoreland

One time I lowered a truck of mine by chopping the front springs. The last loop on stock springs is bent so that the end of the spring coil is flat. By chopping the spring, it was no longer flat, so the springs didn't sit straight. When weight would come off the suspension when cornering, the spring coils would clunk against the suspension. I don't know if this is what is happening with your truck, but 3" is a lot to lower just with springs. The springs end up being pretty loose.
pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote