The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2005, 11:11 AM   #1
fade94

Beware of this guy....ALSO from Texas...

I was contacted by a member, 1fas92, in response to a WTT post I had. I was wanting to trade parts off of a 69 parts truck for other parts, or sell...etc... He asked if I would consider trading the fenders, inners, rad support and tailgate for a 69 short frame. I jumped on it since I was going to buy a frame with the money if I sold the parts. So, the entire purpose of the trade, was for me to get the frame. Said he would also leave the step bed on it since he doesn't want it. I didn't either but agreed to take it. Told me the front horns had been welded back on, no biggie. I agreed. Find out the cab and clip are still on the frame and offer to pull it off for him in my shop. He comes over, sure enough, horns had been replaced but no other damage visible. My son and I pulled the clip and cab for him and loaded the cab back on the trailer along with the trade parts and he left as it was getting late. Due to hurricane evac duties, it was a day or two before I was home in the day time to start cleaning the frame. That's when I noticed the frame is bent just in front of the rear cab mount. Enough so that it is buckled. I shot him a PM letting him know that it was bent and was unusable. I then asked to undo the trade and get my parts back and give him his. He said he had no need for any of the stuff he gave me and to do what I wanted with it. I told him the only reason I traded was for the frame and it isn't useable and since I no longer have that, I need something for it. I offered to bring all the parts back to him so he wouldn't have to drive all the way back to my house. He asked what kind of money I needed for the parts he got since the frame was bad. I told him and he agreed to $100 for the parts. Said it would take him a couple of weeks to get the cash together, I agreed. I contacted him again via PM when it was getting close to the 2 week mark, Oct. 1st, and he said no problem. Oct. 1st came a went, no money. I contacted him again last week and he said he had been busy but had the MO and would drop it in the mail. 5 days and I contact him again and let him know I need it by this Wed. He shoots a message back saying I would get it when he sends it and that is his terms. I emailed him at work asking what the deal was and why he is so unwilling to do what he agreed to. He now says he is not paying me anything and not to contact him at work again. Says he will sue me for slander...SLANDER?? Slander is telling things about someone that are not true, I have PM's from this guy to prove everything I have said. WATCH OUT FOR HIM..
Keep an eye out for this guy. I have his work address, email, phone, home address and phone and his ID is 1fas92. He lives in Carrollton, TX and is building I believe a 69 short bed. He was still looking for a bed last I talked to him about it.
It just bugs me that he agreed to pay an amount of money and he set the date. When that date came and went, he now says he will not pay. Get CASH IN HAND if you sell him anything. Guys like this are giving Texas a bad rep for parts. He is registered on several other auto type boards with a very low post count. It looks like he is joining boards, getting what he wants, ripping people off in the process and then disappears.
Any suggestions? I have notified Josh about this guy more than once but Josh has not read the last few PM I have sent..
03 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 diesel 5 speed 4.10 rear
fade94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:17 PM   #2
HEAVY CHEVY
BOWTIE FOREVER

as far as I know Josh had emailed and attempted to get in touch with mr92 but also had no responce at all.

edit........ this is Liz, I opened a diff browser to read thsi post and posted under HC's name by mistake sorry..
65 IMPALA 2-DR
283/POWERGLIDE
66 IMPALA 2-DR
hopefully 283/350

~ CAMELTOE ROCKS ~

Last edited by HEAVY CHEVY; 10-12-2005 at 12:18 PM.
HEAVY CHEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #3
fade94

I had gotten a message from Josh saying he would contact the guy. Shortly after that, I got a pm from the guy asking for an amount. I gave him an amount and he agreed to it. Even gave me a date he would have it to me. Now he says he is not paying me. He doesn't care if he gets kicked off, he told me himself. If you search the net for his id 1fas92, you will find the same thing I did. Member of a few boards with little of no activity. He is not a person to be trusted. His word means nothing.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:17 PM   #4
milehightoyz
AttentionDeficitDisorder

not to stero type. but i personally have not had any luck with anything ive bougth out of texas. ive bought two trucks out of texas and a few parts on ebay and everything was sub par and grossly misrepresented incldig both trucks, one got parted one went straight to the crusher. and im not wanting to start any arguments cuz i know there are a lot of texans on this board im just merely stating what my experiences have been. im sure they are not all bad guys out there, but always becareful when dealing online regardless of location. sorry to hear about your problem hope everything works out for you.
milehightoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:25 PM   #5
fade94

Where in CO are you? I am leaving Oct. 14 and coming back Nov. 7th. Going Elk hunting out of Pagos Springs. My brother lives in Calhan, East of CO Springs.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:50 PM   #6
72ironmike

Texas

Go easy on those Texas boys and girls. I've had two Texas experiences. Bought a shortbed and met the guyin Tulsa for delivery, super transaction though not from a board member. Also purchased an A/C Box from old board member Smonty and all went well. I guess you get lucky till you get burned.
72ironmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:28 AM   #7
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Fade94 get a hold of DPS and see if thay can't visit him or at least point you in the right direction in resolving this.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:09 AM   #8
fade94

I have all the messages he sent both on here in PM as well as from his email at work. I know I have a case, I just want the guy to do what he agreed to.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:05 PM   #9
3100 special
Street Rod Dreamin'

Used to be 45 bucks to file in small claims court, doesn't cost you much and causes him a fair amount of grief.
"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
Benjamin Franklin, On the Price of Corn and Management of the Poor, November 1776
3100 special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:19 PM   #10
krue
Designated A-hole!

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 12:02 AM   #11
fade94

Re: Beware of this guy....ALSO from Texas...

I also live in Texas. As soon as I get back from vacation, I will pick up where I left off. Frame is not worth the money to me to fix. The point is, when I told him about the damage, he agreed to compensation since the parts I gave him, are worth WAY more than the frame. Now, he is being a d**k about it and saying he won't pay evan though he is the one that gave me the date he would do it.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:37 AM   #12
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Re: Beware of this guy....ALSO from Texas...

There are some real sleezy guys around that will claim anything to get your money and then stall you on repayment, hoping you will get tired and just go away.
They sometimes promise to make it right and sometimes they just tell you to forget it, you can't make them pay anyway.
Sorry, this is another one of those cases. It's hurts all of us who do so many honest deals. I hope you get him. It's a matter of principle, more than the money.
PICKMUP is offline   Reply With Quote