The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2005, 10:29 PM   #1
724wdcopper
graphic designer

Unhappy water in my cab!

so, after 3 weeks of rest, i fired up my pickup and drove around the block. water POURED out of the bottom of the dash! at least a pint of water. it looks like it was pooled in the glovebox and when i hit corners, it would roll out! NOT COOL! my windshield was replaced about a year, year and a hlf ago with butyal rubber and everything (at my dad's bodyshop), so i hope it isnt that, and i had the heater core replaced about 3 months ago (my dad again, more butyal rubber). everything except the glove box is dry, it hasnt rained for a week or so...
any ideas where this might be coming from?
724wdcopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:20 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: water in my cab!

one spot is where the factory antenna wire came into the truck. If the antenna was removed, then there is a hole.
Otherwise... somewhere[ on the cowl it's self. Common problem. I have yet to have a dry cab honestly.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:33 AM   #3
tattoo
"Bondo, just say no!"

sorry i couldnt make pic bigger, the bottom right corner of winshield will slowly rot were seam is.(you should see small rust spot under windshield frame and near cowl area). this area gets holes that will leak right through to the interior it WILL cause the problems you seek(you can see the black paint where i've had to repair the same area for the same problem). you may also have water/dirt/leaves buildup on the inside of the outer cowl corners which is holding water in it. I recommend pulling fender and putting a drain hole under this area on both sides to prevent cab rot in the future. with a good light you should see or feel dampness up under this area inside the cab. Do you have a/c maybe its condensation somehow?
Attached Images

69 C-10 SWB Stepside (ground up resto in progress)
86 Yugo
69 Honda pc50 moped
see my work @ http://www.myspace.com/inkorperated
free site for pics

Last edited by tattoo; 10-18-2005 at 12:45 AM.
tattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:57 AM   #4
724wdcopper
graphic designer

tattoo, i think you may be on to something there. i guess that's just one more reason to think about a new cab, one with good rockers, floors, corners, now cowl/windshield! i may have a line on a 72 3/4 ton 2wd with factory clearance lights.... might have to see how much he wants for it... kinda a friend, so you never can tell

thanks guys
heath
724wdcopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:11 AM   #5
tattoo
"Bondo, just say no!"

if you ever find a cab totally rust free thats like winning the lottery. grab it without a doubt in your mind. But these areas are fixable no need to get rid of your cab just yet is there? every vehicle needs a little TLC from time to time, even a chevy if you can believe it!

69 C-10 SWB Stepside (ground up resto in progress)
86 Yugo
69 Honda pc50 moped
see my work @ http://www.myspace.com/inkorperated
free site for pics
tattoo is offline   Reply With Quote