The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2005, 01:11 PM   #1
Striker169
Car O'Holic

Wdygdtw 11/20

Well I finished wirebrushing my metal, and painted with with Eastwoods Rust Encapsulator. I also figured out that the switch for my headlights is just messed up and I need a new one to fix the light issues, and i got my electric fans working. I also got the rest of the front clip on and the hood, but they need some tweeking becuase they arent lining up. but now for the part everyone loves pictures!

So I think I need to replace the drivers side floor pannel kicker and rocker unfortunately as I looked closer and there is some noticable rot in that corner.
Striker169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 01:19 PM   #2
SLIMJIM

Re: Wdygdtw 11/20

That looks great. I have heard good stuff about the rust encapsulator. There are no places that dip cabs in Charleston, so I am going to have to go the wirewheel/ rust converter route. Can't figure out whether I want to get Rust encapsualtor or SEM Rust Seal.

Curt
Old 11-20-2005, 09:07 PM   #3
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Sat night I spent about 4 1/2 hrs cleaning my truck. Neon Larry was in town and my truck looks liek crap...at least it looked like clean crap. I scrubbed the h*ll out of the int. Used simple green spray on the sheet metal, window rubber, dash top, door jamb....pretty much everything inside the truck. Pulled the bed liner out and scrubbed all the sludge out of it, pulled the tool box out and cleaned it up, had a bottle of used diesel motor oil leak inside the alluminum box....nasty.
Other than that all I did was adjust the brakes and screw in new sparklers.... that's about it.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:06 PM   #4
TruckinDaddy
What's that funky smell?

Nothing.

Went Fishing. And for once, the fish lost and I won. Got a freezer full of Red Drum, Black Drum and Speckled Trout, now. After a good dinner tommorow night, maybe I'll get something done on the truck.

68 C10 Long Step (Pretending to be a Long Fleetside) Grandpa's Farm Truck

3 on the tree, 307, No power brakes or steering
Factory Options - HD rear spring and Ammeter/Oil Gauges

My truck blog
My Car Domain page
TruckinDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:11 PM   #5
Striker169
Car O'Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckinDaddy
Nothing.

Went Fishing. And for once, the fish lost and I won. Got a freezer full of Red Drum, Black Drum and Speckled Trout, now. After a good dinner tommorow night, maybe I'll get something done on the truck.
haha nice! Yeah I didnt end up going to the junk yard, spent too much of my saturday working on that floor and figureing out that I need a new headlight switch.
Striker169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:19 AM   #6
TruckinDaddy
What's that funky smell?

I was about to PM you and see if you had any luck in the yards. The cab is looking good!
TruckinDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:33 AM   #7
69TowRig

Not much to my Blazer other than wiring up the aftermarket tach I strapped to my column last weekend and gutting the junk manual choke setup.

My Nissan Frontier received a new driver's side engine mount (tore one while wheelin') and a passenger side exhaust manifold (cracked - factory defect). Of course the damn autoparts store doesn't stock metric studs so I had to order to replace the one I broke on the Cat housing. Found that an inner CV boot is torn and will have to replace that now as well.
Building a stripper, one part at a time: 1969 K5, 307, 3spd, 3 seats, hard top. Added Pwr Discs, Pwr Steering, Aux Battery, T-case Skid, Lighted Sidemarkers, HEI, Lock-Right Diff, ECE Class IV Hitch, 32" MT/Rs. Parts to Install: Hand Throttle, Console, Tow Hooks, Dual Horns, AM-FM, Dealer Swing-Away Tire Carrier, Gas Tank Skid.
Also building a 1950 Willys CJ-3A and off-roading a 2001 Nissan Frontier on 1-Ton Portals...
69TowRig is offline   Reply With Quote