The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-05-2005, 03:51 AM   #1
el curioso

Panhard bushing

I need to replace a the bushing from the track bar (pan hard bar) where have you all bought them from or do bushings from other applications fit? Allready took the bar to the local common places but the idiot behind the counter asked me if the truck had a\c, engine size and I knew from that moment he wasn't going to look and see what would fit other than what was on the screen. Then he tells me to look for it on the web cuz he didnt know that GM even made this type of suspension!

sorry had to off load some where

Thanks in advance.
el curioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:56 AM   #2
COBRO

Re: Panhard bushing

Going by the LMC catalog there is real confusion for bushings for the panard bar,with my 72 rubber was all that was offered. I ended up getting poly bushings from GMC Pauls and am very pleased with them. Most of the auto parts counter types wouldnt know what a panard bar is,even if you poked them in the eye with it! HTH::::::::::::::::::::CB
COBRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:43 PM   #3
el curioso

Thank you cobro. One more question though : On GMC Pauls online web Page it ask me if its a big block or a 4 speed. The question that I have is this my truck is a 4 speed but I know that the donor truck that I got all my rear suspension from was an automatic but I dont know if it had a Big Block so which do I get the ones for the donor or the ones for the truck I have now?

"update" I only need one side Cuz the PO had One under the seat so if any one has one that might fit please pm.

Last edited by el curioso; 12-05-2005 at 01:43 PM.
el curioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 11:03 PM   #4
COBRO

Well if the trk has the 4spd then you will have to go with that set - I havent any idea what the difference is between the BB/4spd and the standard bushings,Ive got the BB and had a 4spd so it was easy. I did the panard bar bushings and the trailing arms with poly bushings and it really tightened up the rear end,now Im looking at doing the front end which I had thought was pretty tight! Maybe you will luck out and the one you have will be different from what you order so you will be covered either way. Luck to ya:::::::CB
COBRO is offline   Reply With Quote