The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-31-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
franko72
Franko72

dealer add ons

I have some dealer add ons. Name some of your add ons. My truck had a dual air horn with the vacuum compressor, a unity spot light, chrome bumper guards on the front, Cruise control that I still am confused if fact. or dealer add on,A third saddle gas tank that is added to the original fact. pair of tanks,spare tire holder in bed, over the cab running lights,A chrome hood spear that fits,transmission cooler for the 400 turbo, rear sliding window, Some dealer really dressed this old truck up when new. I kinda believe that everything was done at a dealer due to the workmanship and wear that it has all together.Name your add ons.

1972 C20 cheyenne Super 402 BB/400 turbo LWB A/C Tilt, Cruise Control, Saddle tanks, Tach
My Home Page
Better to burn out than it is to rust
franko72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 06:57 PM   #2
Striker169
Car O'Holic

Re: dealer add ons

ooo Fact. is Factory didnt get that at first.
Striker169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:41 PM   #3
Bob Moore

I get the impression that the dealer installed the cruise by 72. This comes from reading threads about the "Cruise Master" switch rather than the turnsignal switch.

Neither of my trucks have any dealer added acessories.

Sounds like a very nice truck. Would love to see the hood chrome piece.

Post some pictures please - Bob
more to follow
Bob Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:36 PM   #4
franko72
Franko72

need a camera

1972 C20 cheyenne Super 402 BB/400 turbo LWB A/C Tilt, Cruise Control, Saddle tanks, Tach
My Home Page
Old 12-31-2005, 11:41 PM   #5
pebbleboy
Son Of Gravel Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko72
need a camera
Drive to cleveland I got a camera lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
What one man calls a budget part, another man calls his entire budget.
pebbleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:25 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Unless you have the delivery invoice or supplimental invoice,how do you know what the dealer installed?I have gone to the dealer and bought parts like bumper guards or chrome trim not originally on a truck and installed them myself.Some are GM factory options,some are GM accesories.All owner installed.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #7
franko72
Franko72

well I guess I kind of found out thru some of these knowledgable board members. I asked a lot of questions when I got my truck.The over cab running lights were dealer adds because I was told there should be a recessed impression in the top of cab, mine wasnt.The unity spotlight wasnt offered,Some dealer did a good installation though.The dual air horns with the vacuum pump wasnt factory. It could have been installed by anyone, but the install was done cleanly like a dealer or a anal mechanic would.It has a rear sliding window that definately looks fact. but isnt on the protecto plate.front bumper guards , not on the protecto plate.Aux. gas tank was on the protecto plate ,but my third tank was a add on by dealer or ?. I was told on this site that the cruise control in 72 had two different installations. One was operated by the turn signal lever, Mine is an under dash button that says master cruise.
It has a transmission cooler that isnt on the protecto plate.

My Home Page
Old 01-12-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
70rs/ss

Looking at your avatar, I have running lights just like that on my 67 4X4, I thought they may have been added on by the PO but, they are exactly like yours and placed the same as well. I had 72 Sub with dealer added A/C. I got roasted for calling it factory, so in my opinion it is what it is. Dealer installed must be worth something folks, lets not forget Baldwin Motion cars. Are they worth less because they didn't roll down the line with the BBC? I think not, dealer installed is just as good, or better in my opinion because Chevy had limits on engine size/performance and the dealer didn't. A friend on the family went to the dealer in early 68 or late 67 to by a 68 SS Chevelle, but he wanted the 327/4-speed and they wouldn't do it (327's wipped 396's back in the day) He paid cash and the dealed offered to order the car and then put the 327 in it at the dealership. Eventually he bough the stripped Chevelle with the 327, and ordered the "HOT" solid lift cam (it came in the truck and the dealer installed it). I guess I got off track, but dealer installed is pretty good stuff, because it wasn't available from GM at the time. Yes, he still has it and all the kids have driven it to Prom as well a wedding or two.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote