The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #1
l79m20

Question Bought buckets and console

Just today bought a set of buckets seats and console out of a 1976 gmc blazer/jimmy. Can anyone tell me if they will fit my 72 c10, the pass side folds down and I do not think I will be able to use that function in my truck because of fuel tank. My question is do you have to get a spare set of seat rails for the pass seat?, so that it can be adjusted or are you stuck with the fold down, I am also looking for the bowtie emblem for the console. I paid $39.30 for the seats, console, door handle,seat belt buckles and other stuff (found 70 cents in console) not a bad deal? Thank .......Kirby
l79m20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #2
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Re: Bought buckets and console

ummm, screaming deal!
I think I have the emblim you need... let me go out and look in my truck.
Can you just install the passenger seat, and NOT flip it at all? Keep the function... just not use it.
also.... ummm, where's the pictures at?
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
Longhorn Man

Couldn't find the emblim. I know I have it around somewhere. My console was from a chevy and I'm making my truck look like a GMC, so i bought the needed badge.
Somethign you'll want to do is make a cover for the gas tank. If you have a CST.Cheyenne, you should already have a card board cover, but that'll look like crap too though. Run to wall mart or a parts store and look by the floor mat/seat cover section. They normally have rolls of automotive grade carpet. You'll have to trim it a bit, but you can hang it from the wall over the fuel tank. I used my 1/4 inch impact and self tapping hex headed screws, and folded the carpet so the screws are hudden from view. (think of it like, I put the carpet side against the metal, ran the screws in from the carpeting's back side up into the metal, then let the carpet hang) It looks like it is supposed to be there.
Then, with the carpet scraps, I cut out a piece to fit inside the console so my junk wouldn't make so much noise in there.

Also... i can't recall if 76 would have cup holders, or seatbelt holders.... if it is the former, then go to the junk yard, and locate an old van with lap belts. (still somewhat common in the yards) and look on the side of the seat down low. You'll see rubber seat belt buckle holders. I mounted mine on the side of the console. Works great, and I still have a place to put my bottle of dew when i drive, and my cell phone fits in the middle hole.
I need to run power to the console so i can put a light in it that turns on when opened, and once I do that, I'll probably mount a cigar lighter in the front cacing the dash, won't be able to see it, but I'll have a place to plug in my cell phone charger or what ever else I may want to plug in, while leaving my in dash one alone.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
MDC

That looks good Longhorn! What are your seats out of?
www.xpressboats.com

Nothing says 'poor craftmanship' like wrinkles in your duct tape
MDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:20 PM   #5
Longhorn Man

An inactive member pointed them out to me on e-bay about this time last year. They are generic replacement seats as far as I know... no real aplication.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=136065
I took a trip south a few months ago, about a 500 mile round trip, me driving and a hottie riding shot gun, I never had any back pain...which is a feat in it's self... and as far as I know, her back wasn't hurting... so i'll say this was a good upgrade.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #6
l79m20

Thanks Longhorn for the great ideas. Your truck looks great with the buckets and console. My truck is light blue but intend to recover the seats in black should look pretty slick, the console is built for seat buckles and no drink holder. I also am planning to use black door panels over blue, whadda you think? I am a newbie here but I have gotten quite alot of ideas from this board, good people all around............Kirby
l79m20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #7
Longhorn Man

You're saying you are going to have black door panels and dash pad and seat on light blue sheet metal? You may want to photoshop that, or see if anyone here has that combo. I've seen a dark blue with black, and it didn't look too good honestly. Naturally, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, and that is one man's opinion, but if you can get a picture of someone's, at least you'd have a good idea.
My first truck was blue on blue and I loved it. Not a day goes by that I don't think of that truck. But, slowly, this one ton is becoming more of a truck than that one was... it was just better looking than this one is, and that can go a long way sometimes.