The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #1
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Exclamation Trucks! will never be the same!!!!!!!!!

I was clicking around Stacey David's website looking at Copperhead, of course, and I stumbled on to the following information. I thought that I would pass this on to everyone. I hadn't seen this posted on here yet, so if this is old news I do apologize. If this needs to be moved, I do apologize for that as well, but since Copperhead was a '67 Chevy I posted it here.

I took this from Stacey's website:

Hey Everyone!
First, let me lay the rumor to rest. Yes, it is true that I no longer will be doing the show TRUCKS!, and out of respect for RTM and their advertisers it was not appropriate to announce this until they could handle it how they wanted to. Unfortunately, “somebody” spilled the beans…… so now I want to set the record straight with you guys personally because you deserve to know.

Now obviously, this was a VERY difficult decision because TRUCKS! has been a great show, and I’ve had a blast doing it for the past 8 years. We’ve done over 150 shows, won a lot of awards, and I’ve had the privilege of designing and building a lot of cool vehicles for you guys over the years. You have responded by continually watching and supporting the show, and for that I am eternally grateful. As far as who my successors will be, or RTM’s plans for the show, well….. I’m not privy to any of that info so I have nothing to tell you there, but I wish them the best.

The bottom line is that I have decided it’s time for me to pursue a new show concept that will focus more on technical and how-to content. This show is going to certainly involve building cool vehicles, but it’s going to be very different from TRUCKS! It’s an awesome concept that you’ll be hearing more about in the near future. Believe me, I’d love to tell you more about it now, but unfortunately the lawyers won’t let me until we get the deal worked out with the network that will be airing the show. What I can say is that once we’re on the air, I promise you will not be disappointed! You can log onto my website and give me your email address and I’ll send you a progress report and all the announcements as soon as I possibly can. Oh…..and by the way, for those of you who are wondering if you’ll get to see Sgt. Rock or the Hairy Hauler completed???? Well…..c’mon, you know me better than that!!!........ I owe you a test drive!!! So hold on, …. this next one’s gonna be really rockin’!!!

If you want to hear the details of the new show as it unfolds, fill out the information form below and that will put you on the list to be one of the first to know. Also let us know what your working on, who knows, you might end up on the show!

respectfully, Stacey

Atleast he will be back with a new show in the long run. Please give a moment of silence for Copperhead, Crazy Horse, and the rest of the sweet rigs Stacey had built for us! Can't wait for the new show Stacey!!!!

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
phantom dually
Project92 SWB stepside

Re: Trucks! will never be the same!!!!!!!!!

He was kinda CORNY in his show but, the trucks where nice!!
92 C1500 stepside 496 Stroker Competiton Engineering Ladder bars/QA1 coilovers. Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gear and posi. Bonspeed Palisade 20x12 in rear w/335/30/20 and 20x8.5 front w/245/40/20. 5/8 drop with Belltech springs/DJM spindles/drop shocks. WWS Progress thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=140448
phantom dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #3
1Ton

Well I watched that show every week. I was wondering why the other shows started a new season this weekend and Trucks was a repeat.
more is better
too much ought to be enough........
1Ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:31 PM   #4
matthufham

i was wondering why there havent been any new ones, now i'm gonna cry

that sucks so much, i hope he hurries up with his "new" show. truck universe or whatever sucks on speed tv.
matthufham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
getfacsw

I moment of silence for the best show on TV!

Bill
getfacsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #6
Striker169
Car O'Holic

his new concept sounds better sounds like less advertising and more how-to because to me Trucks is just like HEY look at this badass thing we got and look its installed now that was easy wasnt it, they dont see to REALLY get down and dirty on how to install and do the stuff. Just my 2 cents
Striker169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:01 PM   #7
ckhd

Maybe in his "more technical" show, he'll use a torque wrench for something other than a breaker-bar.

1968 K20 fleet
1969 K10 swb fleet
1972 K10 Suburban
1972 C10 lwb step
1992 K1500 'burb
1995 K2500 'burb
1997 C1500 'burb
1999 K1500
2000 K1500 'burb

Why do I own so many Suburbans?
ckhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:28 PM   #8
CG
BlahBlahBlah

geeze that show was on for eight years? how did i manage to miss every single episode? ive never once stumbled across it. what channel was it on?
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:48 PM   #9
onetoncrewcab
One of my kids. Cute eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG
geeze that show was on for eight years? how did i manage to miss every single episode? ive never once stumbled across it. what channel was it on?
Hmmm...that was my exact thought too.
Mike
onetoncrewcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:00 PM   #10
matthufham

spike tv, it's basically show off what the marketing people tell us too, but stacy david's earned my respect over time and i see past that
matthufham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:24 PM   #11
bojoe

I loved the show, but it had too many reruns. One day Copperhead was near completion and a couple of weeks later they was just getting started with it. I know this was not Staceys deal, but somebody was screwing up.
  • 1981 Cadillac Deville 6.0/368cid
  • 2003 Chevrolet Suburban(wife's ride)
  • 2007 Peterbilt 379/How I make money
  • More old John Deere tractors than I know what to do with.
bojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:29 PM   #12
70c10swb
no brain no headache

bummer

i hope he still tools on trucks on his new show
Old 01-08-2006, 11:40 PM   #13
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

This just sucks, JMHO, but even though they always did stuff I could never
afford to do, did wicked upgrades and rides, it was on of my most watched
shows on the boob tube, just had to many reruns, I will miss it dearly
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:43 PM   #14
shifty
Questionable

A lot of people poke fun of the show saying he's just a walking advertisement, but I gotta say this:

- There's no other show like it out there covering nothing but custom trucks and classic trucks

- The core information presented was great, even if he sold products in between

- There were some great customization ideas on there and low-budget buildups similar to what you see in the custom truck magazines... example: The low budget Jeep Cherokee buildup...$3k or something to have a kickass late-model offroad jeep with a 60's front clip, 6" lift and giant ass tires. Very very cool.

People can knock on him all day long...But I think they're a little dumb

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:23 AM   #15
Striker169
Car O'Holic

Oh no I think him as a person he is really a great guy and KNOWS what he is doing I am just saying the network exe's that run it made it seem more like an advertisement than a how-to and I agree with what you also said about there not being any other shows that give you ideas and the core information TRUCKS did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
A lot of people poke fun of the show saying he's just a walking advertisement, but I gotta say this:

- There's no other show like it out there covering nothing but custom trucks and classic trucks

- The core information presented was great, even if he sold products in between

- There were some great customization ideas on there and low-budget buildups similar to what you see in the custom truck magazines... example: The low budget Jeep Cherokee buildup...$3k or something to have a kickass late-model offroad jeep with a 60's front clip, 6" lift and giant ass tires. Very very cool.

People can knock on him all day long...But I think they're a little dumb
Striker169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:55 AM   #16
shifty
Questionable

I wasn't targetting you with that statement, Striker. I've seen some guys on here post vicious attacks on Stacey and completely trying to tarnish his character because he's a "walking advertisement" or salesperson. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep a show like that alive, I understand this concept completely. I don't think these people did and were vicious about it. I think that kinda thing is lame.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:07 AM   #17
jhow66

If only someone would stop tickling him.
jhow66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:18 AM   #18
krue
Designated A-hole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhow66
If only someone would stop tickling him.
That's the only thing that drove me crazy about the show.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:31 AM   #19
diggertodd
diggertodd

Shifty - You're right on the mark - it takes LOTS of money changing hands to keep a show like that alive - don't even think the networks have a financial stake in producung the shows, the actual producers are lucky to get a piece of the network profits, usually in the amount of one of the 4 or 5 commercial segments of each half-hour. So where does the production companies that actually create a TV show like trucks actually make a living? pay their morgages. power bill, building rent, employees etc? It's not in free Copperhead parts, It is in paid product placement that Stacy David did much better than most.

I dare you to sit through a half-hour on the sporting network and watch those fellows try to pump you the latest duck call for a half-hour.

I have been involved in television and magazine production for 18 years, I really sticks me when comeone critisizes any business like they are making money hand over fist, we sweat to make the payroll checks on Friday as well. The first hiccup in the monies it takes from hardcore companies that advertise on the hot rod shows, and I will guarantee you Spike will have more japanese kung-fu movies on Satuday afternoon that sell commercials to colone advertisers
diggertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:35 AM   #20
Joe67
67 is sold

He does a GREAT job with TRUCKS!
You can see he really has a passion for what he did on the show

I look forward to the new show/projects :smokin:

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:58 AM   #21
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

I jumped on his website and added my name to his mailing list to get a heads up when his new show is going to air. The thing I like most about Stacey is once he is done building something, he goes and has some fun with the project. It's rare to see a tv show host go out and actually drive what they have built - and Stacey did that quite well. Getting the Wicked Willy's front tires a few feet in the air . . . that is a rerun I watch every time it is on!
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #22
Luvlegs

That was one show (other than football) that my wife would get me out of the garage to watch! Now I am hanging on what the next show will be like - maybe I won't start putting the 454 in until I find out if he wants to work on my truck.... hahhaahhh Always gotta have a dream right!?

Wear your PPE! You can eat with false teeth but you can't see with a false eye.

1959 Studebaker Silverhawk 350/400
1972 C10 L6 3OTT
2005 F350 - Built - whew!
Luvlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:53 PM   #23
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

I'm just glad that I could pass on the information to you guys. The trucks that he built were absolutely amazing, regardless of if I could afford to do the same. He used everything he built, which is exactly what you're supposed to do. Not just put it on display.

It does sound like his new show will be more on the technical side. I wish that on the Copperhead episodes they would have shown more indepth installation on certain things, but hey they would have put the show into like 10-15 episodes.

He was a great host and knew what he was talking about, a lot more than I can say for some other automotive shows out there.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:00 PM   #24
truckdude239

it won't be the same i always liked that show

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #25
chevybill

I really liked the show, way back in the beginning there was a second guy on the show with Stacy. He was the more serious, technical guy and Stacy was the "personality" of the show. This new show sounds much like the original show started out to be.

Anyone remember those 2 guy episodes of Stacy's show?
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote