The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-18-2006, 06:05 PM   #1
see ten
WTB this ad

My old Camorado

I sold this truck along with my 66 to buy my 72 C/10. It was a 84 Silverado with a 350 4speed. The truck had cruise, tilt, all power and COLD A/C. I know you have to be wondering why I Camo painted a Silverado. Well the truck had the Cancer and I was replacing body panels. I started with a truck that was silver and then put on a navy blue front clip. Next I found a perfect door that was dark grey. I went through 3 beds , one yellow, one blue and grey, and one that was red and tan. I didn't want to have the truck painted because I still thought it could use rockers and another door. So I got a pattern for a CUCV and went to work. The truck got as many looks, questions and comments as I get in my 72K10. But I will NEVER camo another vehicle again. When I got ready to sell everyone assumed Camo=redneck in the woods with beer. I never took this truck off the pavement. My wife drove it to and from work and school (she said that she got LOTS of strange looks in it). Needless to say I had to price it well below value to sell it, but I wanted to move it. Oh by the way if you read this far and are interested, those are 15x8 rally wheels with 33x12.50 tires and no lift. They scrubbed the tie rod a little on the drivers side but that was it.
Check out the Clergy tag on the front it really added to the effect.

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:00 AM   #2
Joe67
67 is sold

Re: My old Camorado

Very cool truck. Looks good

I'm not suprised about the redneck assumptions

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: My old Camorado

It`s cool.Your`s doesn`t say redneck to me.It says GI,CUCV to be more specific.I was going to do my`91 Suburban in desert tan with CUCV cues because I didn`t buy it to make it pretty and the paint was bad up top.I think I`m tearing it down and using the d-train to build another rig.My son has an`86 CUCV Blazer.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote