The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2006, 02:33 AM   #1
72 Cheyenne K20

Just sold my Blazer on eBay, but I have a ?

Like it says, I just sold my Blazer on ebay. I listed it tonight and it was active for about 30 minutes before a guy used the buy it now for 8000.00 which is a good thing. I got an e-mail from him asking how I wanted payment and also asked if I would fax him a copy of the front and back of the title. Does this sound kosher or am I about to get stuck in the a$$. I'm usually not to wiered out about things but I don't know about this one. Can I get some feedback

Thanks, Scott

eBay auction number:4616306594
72 Cheyenne K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:35 AM   #2
72armyswbtruck

Re: Just sold my Blazer on eBay, but I have a ?

I would photoshop the title hiding the really important stuff like vin and you name and address that sort of thing, but maybe the guy just wants to ensure that the title is for real and that he isn't going to get screwed. Looking at his purchase history this guy likes to spend money and has to be working on a really nice rebuild or wants yours a a great place to start, He might even be a member on the board

Last edited by 72armyswbtruck; 02-24-2006 at 02:38 AM.
72armyswbtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:40 AM   #3
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

So he hit the buy it now "before" he emailed you? I would approach with caution. He may very well be legit, but ask yourself would you use the buy it now feature with out talking to the seller first?

Even though you have a very descriptive ad, and decent pics I wouldn't dream of buying it without seeing close up pics of the common rust areas, etc.....

Good Luck!

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:27 AM   #4
n2billet
Village Idiot....

Ken, I agree with you but there are people in this world that buy large ticket items without any research.......you have meet Rich haven't you?

I say cover your name and address, I think he just wants to make sure you have the title in hand and make sure whatever form of payment he uses is good to go with the your bank. If he uses the ebay finance (this comes to you as a check) follow the instructions to the letter. I sold one of my truck and the guy paid me by this method and I found out a week later that ebay rejected the payment because of an error on the buyers end. It's real hard to get your money when they have your truck and your title, I found this out the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX
So he hit the buy it now "before" he emailed you? I would approach with caution. He may very well be legit, but ask yourself would you use the buy it now feature with out talking to the seller first?

Even though you have a very descriptive ad, and decent pics I wouldn't dream of buying it without seeing close up pics of the common rust areas, etc.....

Good Luck!
n2billet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:29 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Tell him you have a problem with doing that,you`re in charge.Garauntee that there are no title issues and your ownership is absolutely legit.If he`d like,once payment is received,you will mail the title for him to process in his own state,and if there is an issue you will refund the entire price.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:48 AM   #6
seacrow

Look at the guys feedback, he has bought other trucks, tow hooks, hubcaps, upholstery, etc. etc. for these trucks, he is obviously legit. Feedback is very important. I buy big ticket items with no research too. Sometimes it's easier to buy it and dump it later if it sucks.

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty CC King Ranch, moonroof, heated captains chairs, 6.4 PowerStroke.

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa, all black

1985 Mustang GT T-top, 5 spd. 54K orig miles.
seacrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:18 AM   #7
Rod

The Minnestoa title when faxed will show up on the other end as a copy protected document...it done show that it shows its an obvious copy. I had this done when I went to buy a truck in Minnesota. I had the title faxed to USA side of the border so that they could clear the item through customs. Though its not the same situation he probably want to make sure it's a clear title. That's what the USA customs wanted to know ...I wanted to know also. Perhaps he's going to use a bank to finance it and they (bank) want to know..there's lots of legit different reasons to want to see a title...not such an unusual request....but you can't be sure...maybe scan it or fax it to yourself and see what it look like..then you'll know it has photocopy protection.

My brother just bought a motorhome off ebay....did buy it now...then flew down certified bank draft in hand to the USA and is driving it around as I write for a month before even coming back to Canada. You might have just as good a buyer.

When I went down I had the money in bank draft also...but had to cash it because there was no VIN plate on the cab of the truck so I knew I couldnt get it across the USA/Canada border without a vin plate ( he did fax and have the title).... I kinda would have liked to have known that before I made the trip, booking and staying in hotels...and losing close to $800 in the exchange rate fees turning the money back to forth from Canadian currency to US and then back to Canadian. But hey I brought him those rare Canadian chocolate bars too....lol...you know who you are on this board. We have better chocolate...lol.
72 Chev 1 ton tow truck 402BB w/Holmes 440 wrecker on propane
2005 FLSTSCI Harley Springer
85 FXSB Harley Lowrider
72 Triumph 650 Bonneville 5spd
"Poor people don't have hobbies" Quote from wife.

Last edited by Rod; 02-24-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:30 AM   #8
cdowns

COVER name and address on the title??? what exactly would that accomplish?? when you furnish your name and address for them to send you payment ????????????????????????????????
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:59 AM   #9
Dan72cst

Nice blazer !!! Do you have a picture of the dash area to share. I hope you don't mind, but I'm curious about a few things because its very similar to my blazer. Passenger side mirror? Highlander seats (are they on the option sticker) Promotional or highlander, back seat? What other dealer installed options besides brush guard and dealer tow hooks (missing in some pictures?)? Does it have a front axle truss?

About the title, maybe just take a picture of it and send it to him....he just doesn't want to get burned either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4616306594
68 2wd Chevy LWB 327/400

Last edited by Dan72cst; 02-24-2006 at 10:15 AM.
Dan72cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:08 AM   #10
chevy72402
FARMER/RANCHER

this guy has spent over 2k on tow hooks alone!!! He registered in april of 05 and has purchased over 20 k worth of merchandise since then. He has the money and is just protecting his investment. Heck I've bought things like that before. But I have been screwed over on title issues also.... guys selling stuff that the title isn't in their name or there is a problem with it. I think the guy is legit. if you have any worries about him just email one of the other sellers that he bought from and ask THEM the questions you have. Maybe they can put your mind at ease...

1972 Chevy Blazer 2wd, tach, tilt, a/c, my first engine overhauling experience, Orange, with white top

2006 Gmc Sierra, XM, Z-71, dark blue, onstar, leather, rear entertainment (audio only) heated seats, (the wife loves that feature) upgraded tires immediately after purchase to Goodyear Wrangler AT/S (hate those rock throwers that come from the factory)
BWC
chevy72402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:12 AM   #11
chevy72402
FARMER/RANCHER

shoot he spent $510 alone on tow hooks http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4609722353

1972 Chevy Blazer 2wd, tach, tilt, a/c, my first engine overhauling experience, Orange, with white top

2006 Gmc Sierra, XM, Z-71, dark blue, onstar, leather, rear entertainment (audio only) heated seats, (the wife loves that feature) upgraded tires immediately after purchase to Goodyear Wrangler AT/S (hate those rock throwers that come from the factory)
BWC
chevy72402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:18 AM   #12
special-K
Special Order

Just talk to him about it.What Rod said is true.But,you have to feel comfortable about it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:30 AM   #13
KFreddy

Obviously you need to communicate any concerns and issues with the buyer, , on an $8000 transaction both of you are bound to have apprehension, neither of you want's to get screwed.

Insofar as sending him a copy of the title, I would scan it at a low resolution 300dpi and resize it to a much smaller size, this way if he tries to enlarge it and make copies it will not resize well, it would become muted. Also within the body of the scanned and copied title simply write the words "not for transfer at this time." This should give you enough protection from some "tom foolerly" and him a copy of the document that would suite any of his questions and needs.

-Fred
KFreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:49 AM   #14
junkyardjohn

I Agree... This Guy Isn't Asking For Anything Out Of The Ordinary. He's Spending $8000. Would YOU Send $8000 To A Complete Stranger Over The Internet Without Any Reassurance?? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE?? YOUR KEEPING THE TITLE & TRUCK TILL YOU GET CLEAR FUNDS. John
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 02-24-2006 at 10:52 AM.
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:02 AM   #15
1Ton

You should also tell him about the board. Cant ever have too many members!
From his purchase history he enjoys these trucks.
more is better
too much ought to be enough........
1Ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #16
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Scott, NICE blazer, I would of probably bought it if I knew you were going to sell it. I don't think you'll have any problems with faxing him the info, he's just protecting his side of the deal. I've seen him bidding on alot of blazers lately and hooks as the others said. Where is he out of out of curiousity? Randy
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"

Last edited by teeitup; 02-24-2006 at 05:40 PM.
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:33 AM   #17
greenhorn male

A copy of the title assures the buyer you are in fact the owner of the vehicle when he makes payment. If you gave him a different name and address to send payment to, other than what is on the title, then this will send him a red flag. Like John said, you still have the original title and truck until funds clear. Send him an unsigned copy. Keep records of the auction and his e-mails and make sure his payment is legit. The only thing you have to loose is time and e-bay listing fees.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:34 AM   #18
blazerparts
No,I DON'T have Tourett's

I know I'd want to see the title.
blazerparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:28 PM   #19
Tynee
I miss this truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaylor68gmc
Do you have any good ********* parts are in parts classified forum and need to be subscriber***?
jkay, Welccome to the board! I'm sure a mod willl get you the fine points, but you're hijacking this thread with a parts request. Parts requests are to be kept to the Parts Board, where Threads can only be started by subscribing members. You might check the Board Rules (found in sticky threads at the top of the pages) for other finer points.

'08 Crew Cab Z-71 short bed. Really like this truck A LOT.

Last edited by Rod; 02-25-2006 at 01:03 AM.
Tynee is offline   Reply With Quote