The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Part Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2006, 05:48 AM   #1
GMCPaul

Multi-Point Fuel Injection Complete W/Computer&Harness

Heres our next dust gather to go

This is a complete TPI setup except it does not include new exhaust O2 sensor its originally from a 1986 Corvette. Everything you see pictured is included as well as
ALL the bolts for the TPI. The fuel lines, misc PVC tubes, computer, all relays for the MAF and the fuel pump & all
sensors except the O2 sensor. Two sensors are new the coolant temp and the IAC motor. New hardly used fuel pump.
This is a MAF (mass airflow) system. The runners have NO dings at all, only a 1/2 long abrasion where the throttle
cable went, in the picture of the driver side runner you can see it in the lower left corner. I am including the schematic
for the harness given its an 86 vette harness. I did simplify it as well as repair some ends by the computer side. The
harness is nearly all labeled. It worked great I just lost the bottom end of the motor and am parting out the engine. Time to move on. This system also has 2 new injectors, they all are the 22lb hr 350 injectors. I would have the remaining 6
checked before installing it. As you can see in the pictures the runners are airfoiled and opened up. The plenum has
been eye glassed at the runner side and ported fully and smoothed behind the throttle body, the base has had the wall
between the runners removed 3" back. All these mods increased the airflow of the system greatly and it pulled to
5500 rpm hard. A stock TPI kills airflow and over 4000 rpm its a dog, the mods I made really make a big difference,
especially with a 350 to 400 cube SBC. I had just a slight loss in bottom end power as the the power band was
moved up 1500 rpm or so but the gain on overall power was worth it. As you can see also I have the large coil in cap
HEI, these are more durable than the external coil found in camaros and firebirds. I also removed the screens from the
MAF, they can easily be put back as I didnt damage anything in the process, there are huge debates over the screen
removal but it helped me so I left them out. As you can see I have the duct work. The intake air box is from a
1994 LT1 camaro and has a K & N filter in it. This computer has the VATS feature, I disabled it with a simple
555 timer circuit, I am including this also, all you need is ground and 12v then the output goes to the vats input on the
computer. Chevy TPI Fuel Injection Swapper Guide Included
$850.00+$50.00shipping in lower 48

Payment will be through paypal only as I've waited to often on checks that never arrive.
Post here or email me at
robbinspd1199@yahoo.com
GMCPaul

You can purchase a custom harness for your truck for this from Street & Performance who are also a good choice to burn you a new chip with your rear gear ratio, transmission, cam profile, etc... on it.

GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote