The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2006, 12:02 AM   #1
carrzy4

Air Bags?

Has anyone done the air bag suspension kit themselves? How long did it take? and how much roughly did it cost?
carrzy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:19 AM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: Air Bags?

Welcome to the forum carrzy4. Spend some time reading in the "suspension" forum. There is a lot of good info there. I moved this thread there so you might get more response.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:50 AM   #3
a squarecan

I am in the process of bagging my truck at the moment. If I had to give you a total cost including fittings lines and all the little things I didnt think about I am somewhere around $900-$1000 and that is nothing fancy. 8 smc valves, chrome 400 viar compressor, 5 gallon tank, brackets and a whole bunch of other things that make the truck go up and down and side to side. As for time that all has to do with how far you wanna go, if you just wanna throw bags in front with the stock crossmember and put the rear bags is place of your coil springs it will not take all that long. I have found the things that take me the longest are the mods I have to make to get lower. Crossmember mods, A-arm mods, frame mods, step notch in back 4 link all those things. Mind you I am not done with all those things so I cant give you an exact time frame, but my guess is that it all boils down to how much time and money you have.

Keith
a squarecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:58 PM   #4
Rollie396
someday it will be done!

welcome from Alberta.My system is prolly at around $1500 right now.This is with stock trailing arms,springs out bags in their place kind of install.Custom shocks,8 valves,3 gauges,airline,fittings(may need more yet),2 Viair 380 pumps,5 gal.tank(which I've sidelined in favor of some I built to better suit what I want),SMC water trap,10 switch box (is also scrapped cuz it's butt ugly....goin with some nice momentary rockers I found at Princess Auto of all places).I made my own c notch and adjustable track bar (FREEBIE..sorta).Still need check valves for between tanks and bags and electrical supplies among the other things I haven't thought of yet.I put together a kit at ***************** and I'm pretty happy with it overall.I'd recommend giving them a call,they know their stuff!
Dollar value is in CDN for your convenience lol.
'66 long step (parked till it's turn comes around)
'65 short step (parts truck that will donate it's bed and possibly frame to the '66)
'06 Grand Prix wife's car (she hardly lets me touch it)
my pics
Rollie396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:48 PM   #5
canadian trucker
A day should have 30 hours.

i got about $ 750 CDN in my truck thats a simple front install with springs out and the bags in, 4 valves just for the front right now, 1 viair 460, (2 dual needle guages, some switches... all mounted on a ss plate in my ash tray compartment) 1 10 gal air tank, some fitings and some air line for the gauges.

what i still need : 1 more viair 460, ss hard line for all the pluming, rear triangulated 4 link (dunno where from), 4 valves for the rear...

thats about it oh and time to put it all in.
Attached Images

canadian trucker is offline   Reply With Quote