The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-11-2006, 03:15 PM   #1
saxmo
Senior Member

saxmo's Avatar

Location: Cleveland, Texas
energy suspension kit?

hey guys where can I find the energy suspension kit (hardware and all) for the body mounts on my 69 C10 panel? I figured I could use the burb kit #3-4149, but I cannot find the kit anywhere! I checked Summit,Jegs.. they do not seem to carry this particular one?
__________________
2004 Corvette Coupe Black LS1 (daily driver)
1973 Ford Bronco (resto/mod @ 95%)
1991 GMC sportside Pickup Truck, 468c.i.d. ('nuff said)
1997 Ford F150 4.2L 500k+ miles (trash hauler)
2011 Nissan Juke (wife's daily driver)
1943 Ford GPW WWII jeep (waiting its' turn)
saxmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #2
Biggred8
Junior Member

Biggred8's Avatar

Location: Greenville, SC
Re: energy suspension kit?

SummitRacing.com part# 3-4107
__________________
2006 GMC Sierra
1969 Suburban -For Sale-
Biggred8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #3
ALASKA ALUMINUM BEAR
Registered User

ALASKA ALUMINUM BEAR's Avatar

Re: energy suspension kit?

hi saxmo

do a search for performance accessories-they have a great one that they make-i got mine from energy but after seeing and feeling the kit from performance accessores i went with theirs...they now also own trailmaster...try bruce at 928 636 7080 ext. 132...and he will help you out. he a great tec there for this kind of stuff.
hope this helps
aab
john
ALASKA ALUMINUM BEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #4
saxmo
Senior Member

saxmo's Avatar

Location: Cleveland, Texas
Re: energy suspension kit?

thanks for the info guys. Just ordered my kit. Dwayne
__________________
Old 03-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #5
6772king
Registered User

6772king's Avatar

Location: grove city pa usa
Re: energy suspension kit?

where did you find the kit ??? and how much was it??? I need one for my panle also and didnt want to spend 200 bucks for just the rubers..
__________________
67 chevy short step 2wd 427
71 chevy short fleet 4x4 396
72 gmc jimmy 2wd 377
71 chevy blazer 4x4 454
69 chevy longhorn 5.9l cummins
72 chevy 400 2wd custom camper
67 chevy lwb 4x4 454-in pieces
67 chevy panel soon 4x4-400
67 gmc dump 4x4 1 ton-305 WTF!!
72 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 burb 350
70 chevy panel 2wd 302 5 speed tko

"THERE IS NO REPLACMENT FOR DISPLACMENT"!!!!!!!
6772king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:33 PM   #6
saxmo
Senior Member

saxmo's Avatar

Location: Cleveland, Texas
Re: energy suspension kit?

Old 03-26-2006, 02:32 PM   #7
6772king
Registered User

6772king's Avatar

Location: grove city pa usa
Re: energy suspension kit?

cool ,, thanks alot,
__________________

Old 01-25-2007, 04:58 PM   #8
Frizzle Fry
Registered User

Frizzle Fry's Avatar

Location: Hillsboro Oregon
Re: energy suspension kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggred8 View Post
SummitRacing.com part# 3-4107
That looks like a truck kit. I am going to buy 3-4149G. The last position "R" or "G" indicates Red or Black.

What is the difference between the Red and Black Bushings?

Quote From Energy Suspension's Official Website:

"Both are our Energy's HYPER-FLEX™ performance polyurethane formulations. Energy has impregnated selected black polyurethane components with graphite–to add a lubrication property.

So the "G" indicates black/graphite impregnated. I'm going with these when I find them.

Summit shows none in stock and Jegs site doesn't find them with a search.

I've emailed ES about the availability of the kit. I'll let you know what I find.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:41 AM   #9
Frizzle Fry
Registered User

Frizzle Fry's Avatar

Location: Hillsboro Oregon
Re: energy suspension kit?

Here's the response from Energy Suspension:

Mike,

You're actually in luck. It looks like we have ONE of these left in stock ready to ship immediately:
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...?prod=3%2E4149

That is the correct part number for your Suburban and you can confirm that on this page here:
http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/c2wd1.html

G does indeed indicate Graphite Impregnated - yes it does serve to help keep them from squeaking because the Graphite is designed to help self lubricate the bushings.

Let me know if you need any other assistance and I'll be happy to take care of you!

- Graham Slaughter

So I placed my order. May have paid a few bucks extra through them, but oh well... I've been happy with this company's products and service.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #10
Hart_Rod
*************

Hart_Rod's Avatar

Location: Pensacola, FL
Re: energy suspension kit?

If you call Summit or Jegs, they should have the part. They told me that they just haven't updated their online catalog. As far as the difference between the red and black, the ES tech told me there wasn't any, but that was about a year ago. I went with the red, figured if I didn't like the color I could easily paint them black . The kit installed fairly easily (all my old bolts came out without a problem). I couple of the bolts that came with the kit are to long, but that is easily fixed. Overall, I'd give the kit a 9.5. I couldn't believe the difference in how the truck rode and drove (some mysterious rattles even disappeared)! Best $115 I've spent on it so far.

Edit:
Frizzle Fry - found this in their FAQ, which backs up what you have been told about the difference between Red and Black. It does say "selected", so I'm not sure how you determine what is selected and what is not. http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/comquest.html

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 01-26-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Hart_Rod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #11
Frizzle Fry
Registered User

Frizzle Fry's Avatar

Location: Hillsboro Oregon
Re: energy suspension kit?

I was told by the rep that this kit (3-4149G) does indeed use the graphite. But I will say that unless your bolts get loose or the bushings compress over time (which these are designed to resist), it probably doesn't make much of a difference in body mount bushings. For sway bar and any other bushings that will see constant motion I wouldn't go with anything other than the "G" version. I have them on my sway bars and have never had a squeak.

Thanks for the note. I can't wait to get these installed after hearing your opinion
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:53 PM   #12
Hart_Rod
*************

Hart_Rod's Avatar

Location: Pensacola, FL
Re: energy suspension kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
I was told by the rep that this kit (3-4149G) does indeed use the graphite. But I will say that unless your bolts get loose or the bushings compress over time (which these are designed to resist), it probably doesn't make much of a difference in body mount bushings. For sway bar and any other bushings that will see constant motion I wouldn't go with anything other than the "G" version. I have them on my sway bars and have never had a squeak.

Thanks for the note. I can't wait to get these installed after hearing your opinion
It took about 2 hours to install the entire kit by myself. Just loosen the bolts on both sides. Replace one side, and then replace the other. Tighten the bolts back up. The radiator bushings took the longest since you have to completely unbolt the radiator to get it out of the way. You will think you have a new supsension under the truck! I noticed a bigger difference changing out the body mounts than I did after installing a complete Air Ride system. Don't get me wrong, I like the air ride, but the bushings completed the package. It firms up the ride somewhat giving you a sporty feel, but I like it that way. BTW, I emailed ES and this is the response I got:

Old 01-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #13
Frizzle Fry
Registered User

Frizzle Fry's Avatar

Location: Hillsboro Oregon
Re: energy suspension kit?

I think that guy may have been un-informed. Here's my correspondences:

I placed my order. Just out of curiosity, why would anyone opt for the red versions over the black?

That's SO funny you would ask that. Sometimes I wonder myself ... but people are just drawn to the RED color. They think it's cooler or something
Well that's just dumb in my opinion - but we'll sell it to them if that's what they really want....

I'll make sure your order gets processed immediately so we can catch that one that was left there.
Your shipment will of course be the Black ones : )

Let me know if you need any other assistance and I'll be happy to take care of you!

But like I said, I wouldn't be too concerned about this when it comes to the body bushings. I just figured when they are the same price and I have the choice, why not go with the graphite?

I'll post my results once they're in

Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 01-26-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #14
Hart_Rod
*************

Hart_Rod's Avatar

Location: Pensacola, FL
Re: energy suspension kit?

I'll buy a a can of black spray paint, and no one will ever know.
Hart_Rod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #15
Frizzle Fry
Registered User

Frizzle Fry's Avatar

Location: Hillsboro Oregon
Re: energy suspension kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
I'll buy a a can of black spray paint, and no one will ever know.
Hey, the ones you've got are still a huge improvement over stock!
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:56 PM   #16
swissfacade
Registered User

swissfacade's Avatar

Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina
Re: energy suspension kit?

Hey guys, I was wondering if the hardware came with the bushing kit 3-4149
swissfacade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:26 PM   #17
Hart_Rod
*************

Hart_Rod's Avatar

Location: Pensacola, FL
Re: energy suspension kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissfacade View Post
Hey guys, I was wondering if the hardware came with the bushing kit 3-4149

Yes, it's a complete kit.
Hart_Rod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:57 AM   #18
Frizzle Fry
Registered User

Frizzle Fry's Avatar

Location: Hillsboro Oregon
Re: energy suspension kit?

Yep, thanks to Rob, I have this waiting to go in...
Attached Images

Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:40 AM   #19
Hart_Rod

Hart_Rod's Avatar

Location: Pensacola, FL
Re: energy suspension kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
Yep, thanks to Rob, I have this waiting to go in...

Your not going to believe the difference. Keep us updated.
Hart_Rod is online now   Reply With Quote

Bookmarks