The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-25-2002, 01:03 AM   #1
70blazer

Lightbulb 73 blazer challeigh?

My friend has a 1973 blazer, challeigh model, I am not sure of the spelling. It is the factory camper model. It has the camper mounted to the truck from the factory. He is interested in selling it and wanted me to send out some feelers. It is in great shape, let me know if anyone is interested and I can see if I can get some pictures.
Old 07-29-2002, 02:05 PM   #2
Grim Reaper

73...don't think so. THe Chalet and the GMC varient call the Casa Grande were only available in 76 and 77. Less than 2000 were ever built. The glove box door will show the camper option as well as a few other HD peices not normaly found on Blazers. I think the SB400 was the only engine you could get in it. Every one I am aware of still attached to the original body had the 400.
Here is a Web site about the Chalet that Doug Wright set up. He also runs a Chalet Registry. Info as well as Sales paphlets are there for you to look at.
http://www.slosh.com/cars/chalet/
There were a couple camper companies in the past that had made caper conversions to attach to a regular Blazer but none were a factory offereing. Seems common on the 69-72. I have seen several pictures of those years but only one or two pictures of 73 with those conversions
#170 is currently for sale. It in the western US some where. There is a add for it at www.coloradoK5.com in the For Sale section.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 12:42 AM   #3
70blazer

Thanks

Thanks for the information, my friend is going to use that info. to help him sell his chalet!