The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
Russ69cst

Smile 69cst resto

The more I look at this project, I'm thinking I should make better use of the parts truck, and leave the original cst truck for reference as I'm reassembling. The parts truck has only 75000 mi. and the frame is in much better shape, as is the box, front fenders, and even the hood's in good shape.The replacement cab is coming along well, and the body shop may be getting the box for body work soon. My cst is badly rusted and most of the trim is gone. I can make an awesome truck with the factory air, full gauges w/tach, and the factory buckets w/ console. I can get the 350 rebuilt and freshen up the turbo 400. Any input from members and guests would be appreciated.
I have a 1969 Camaro sport coupe (restored by myself 15 years ago. ) I have another 69 chevy truck w/o an engine for parts. I'm restoring a highly optioned 69 chevy CST w/a 350, 400 trans, a/c, p/s, p/b, buckets, console, in dash tach w/all gauges,and a cruise control w/ button under the dash above the right knee.
Russ69cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
Billla
Account Suspended

Re: 69cst resto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ69cst
The more I look at this project, I'm thinking I should make better use of the parts truck, and leave the original cst truck for reference as I'm reassembling. The parts truck has only 75000 mi. and the frame is in much better shape, as is the box, front fenders, and even the hood's in good shape.The replacement cab is coming along well, and the body shop may be getting the box for body work soon. My cst is badly rusted and most of the trim is gone. I can make an awesome truck with the factory air, full gauges w/tach, and the factory buckets w/ console. I can get the 350 rebuilt and freshen up the turbo 400. Any input from members and guests would be appreciated.
I'm in kind of the same boat in a lot of ways, and my truck is ending up a combination of my truck, my parts truck and new parts. My project plan is a little wacko (on my CarDomain site below).

I'm approaching the cab somewhat the same way. I'll blast the parts truck cab and rebuild it from scratch using the current (driver) cab as a reference.

Sounds like a good approach to me :-D
Billla is offline   Reply With Quote