The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2006, 03:03 AM   #1
Paul M

What to do....body swap or chassis mod...?

since the truck didnt sell,and i have a bit of coin tied up in it,was wondering about a possible swap since i recently got an 80 gmc. wonder if the sheet metal swap and say getting a new short bed and maybe tilt fiberglass front end(making it easier to mount to the 80 chassis) is easier or better or what ever,then say cutting down the 68 chassis to shortbed length and maybe dropping in an automatic and getting a newer t-case and changing out the front axle for a disc type setup?...having left over crap from the 80 isnt a big deal,probably pawn em off to people here if they just come get the stuff.but the swap would leave quite a bit left over of the 68. just wondering what the general consensus would be for the job.could sell some of the left over 68 parts,but wouldnt really make a dent into what i have into it.pic of both trucks....thx for your thoughts or whatever ya got for me...paul

the 80 gmc is kinda beat and been neglected for a few years.and i need to have a second vehicle so the better half can drive it easily(shes just like i want my trucks...shortwide style).
Attached Images

Last edited by Paul M; 04-21-2006 at 03:08 AM.
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote