The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2006, 01:28 AM   #1
nathan_454

Seat rebuild... a couple questions

I Have my drivers seat torn down to the bare frame. It was real bad. all the springs were broken, the foam was wasted, the frame itself was even kinda messed up... the support that runs across the back of the bottom of the seat was bent and broken... but Ive got the frame all fixed, new support welded in. I was able to source some new springs that fit beautifully. I bought some foam, and i am going to shape it myself to save the $$$ over buying the factory replacement foam. but i have a couple of questions.

I put the 5 new springs on, do I just put the foam directly over that? or do I need something between them? seems like over time the springs would dig there way into, and through, the foam?... the factory foam and springs seemed to be integrated.

I got the 4 metal strips that came out of the seat, If im correct, they are to maintain the countours that run lengthwise on teh seat? seems that the squigly one was on the bottom, and the straight one one top, with them being tied tightly together, sort of forcing the foam to hold the right shape?

Anyone that has rebuilt a blazer seat, it would be awesome if you have any pics. I got some of the frame from someone already. but i just want to make sure that I get this done right.

Thank you!!!
nathan_454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:50 AM   #2
jay_shy
SWB 4X4 CLUB

Re: Seat rebuild... a couple questions

Check out this post:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=179318

Jason
jay_shy is offline   Reply With Quote