The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2006, 11:56 AM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

What did you get done? Memorial Day edition

I was off this weekend for a change. I took my family to the movies Friday night and watched RV with Robin Williams. My wife and daughter liked it, but I thought it was pretty lame. Robin Williams is a really good actor and very funny comedian. This movie was way below his ability to perform.

Saturday I supervised while a crew trimmed my trees, then spent the morning running errands. Saturday night me and a buddy went to a local cruise spot. They turnout wasn't as big as last weekend, but still had a lot of really nice cars and trucks- This is the club that hosts the event- http://niftee50ees.com. Check their site for lots of event coverage pics.

Sunday I spent the day in the yard with Juan. We trimmed all the shrubs, planted some fresh plants and spread 4 yards of mulch.

What did you get done?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 05-29-2006 at 12:03 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #2
bigblock73
yeller

Re: What did you get done? Memorial Day edition

Well, Friday the cement guy finally poured my 10x12 cement pad for the shed I will be building in the coming weeks. Friday after work, I managed to get my tires mounted on my wheels, then the wife and I went up north to Lutson Minnesota to celebrate our 1 yr anniversary. Up north, we hiked 6 miles in the Super National Forset, rode the gondola up the mountains, and had fun in small town Minnesota...quite a nice change from the cities! Came home Sunday, went to install the wheels on Yeller, only to find out the lugnuts I purchased were too short. Today I went to four different shops in search of the correct lug nuts, came up empty handed. Will have to wait until Tuesday to see if I can come up with some locally. Man, I want to mount these damn things anf get Yeller on the ground for the first time in 5 years!

EDIT: Aw screw it, I had to get a sneak peek. I added a couple pics with some old rear wheels/tires...just wanted to get an idea on the stance. The rears that are on it are a little shorter than the new rears...so it should sit pretty level...hopefully with a slight rake.
Attached Images

Last edited by bigblock73; 05-29-2006 at 04:53 PM.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:55 PM   #3
Prerunner1982

Had a nice break after working 7 days straight.. mowed a bunch around the house mostly... went out with the wife. and just tried to relax...
Oklahoma Roll Call
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:42 PM   #4
SCOTI

Worked late Friday night.
Worked most of Saturday & then went to my brothers house for a cook-out.
Sunday was relaxing & doing brake maintenance on the car & brake inspection on the 74. Then it was dinner & a movie w/her mom.
Today I went into work again for a bit. I got home around lunch time & have been mocking up the front suspension to verify some clearance issues for Draggin79. I managed to finish painting my gauge bezel for the 74. It looks like I'll be getting a re-pop cause it didn't turn out like I had hoped .
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 05-29-2006 at 06:43 PM.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:19 PM   #5
Nolowrider

Not much truck related this weekend. I sent the better part of two months putting the 454 together and dropping her in. Did alittle tuning on it Friday, spent most of Sat getting my Mustang ready for the cruise night. Sunday I did some minor fabricating on the radiator schroud (found out I need to buy a new one) and went to a seafood festival later that night. Monday spent cleaning the yard. I figured I needed to take a break from working on my truck. Monday, my clutch went out in my Isuzu (DD) Always something to fix.
Nolowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:53 PM   #6
soleeagle

Well I didnt get much done on friday but get ready for the rest of the weekend.

Saturday I went to Haspin Acres and played in the mud untill the fan went threw the radiator but I still had a blast.

Sunday I went to the Indy 500. We sat 2 rows up from the pits and were right behind #27 Dario Franchitti which was great since Ashley Judd spent most of the day in his pit. The race was hot but great.

Today I didnt do much but start to fix the buggy.
Attached Images

'85 Chevy Silverado 4X4
'91 Chevy 4X4 Suburban

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/545941
soleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:44 PM   #7
Izzy
Trucker.

Saturday I polished the wheels on the Tahoe, so easy to do. I also polished the bowtie and my antenna. I also got out the rubbing compound, polish and wax to clean up the tails. They were dull as hell and look brand new now.

Sunday we went to my sister/brother-in-laws and chilled out.

Monday we spent the entire day on Lake Granbury. Had burgers for lunch, swam and then ate pizza and went swimming again.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:18 AM   #8
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

I rode my scooter 160 miles round trip Saturday. I went up into the Hill Country, back down into downtown San Antonio, and then home. That is a looooong trip on a motor scooter!

Sunday I finally lowered the back end of my truck with drop leaves and shock extenders. It is now 4/2.5. It looks a lot lower in the back than I expected. I took a "before" pic. Once I take an "after" pic I'll post them.

I also helped a friend clean out his garage Sunday to make room for the '65 Barracuda he bought. He sold stuff, packed stuff away, gave some stuff away, and threw stuff out to make room for it in the garage. Then the seller backed out that night. That really sucks.

I changed the oil in my wife's car Monday. Wheeeee!

Slonaker
Old 05-30-2006, 10:03 AM   #9
Moostifer
a fool with no money

went to a graduation friday night...
drove down to Richmond then to Galvaston for a friends wedding on Sat.
recovered Sunday... drove back Monday
decided to prime the oil system last night, so pulled the dizzy, got my drill and primer, and went to spinning the oil pump... and then I heard it... oil dripping! I get down off the truck and look under it to find a huge pool of brand new oil on the garage floor! turns out I forgot an oil plug on the back of the block down by the filter. should have primed it before I installed it, but oh well, just a minor setback...

before, during and still during
http://photobucket.com/albums/y251/moostifer/truck/

http://photobucket.com/albums/y251/moostifer/motor/
Moostifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:04 PM   #10
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Worked on inventory at work. 17 hour day about killed me. Today I'm resting and waiting for payday to get the new flexplate for the blazer and hopefully make it roadworthy.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:45 PM   #11
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Well on Wednesday I pulled the '86 front clip apart so I can use the drivers side fender on the Suburban. This weekend I went to the lake and got burnt on my shoulders....
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:30 AM   #12
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

Raced to get the mountain bike buttoned up and the Yakima rack retro-fitted to the truck. Then, headed up above Winter Park to ride and camp. On the way up to the campsite, we saw a young bull moose. But, he outpaced us before I could pull out the camera. I saw a lot of other moose tracks around the campsite, but no other moose. We set up camp at around 9800 feet. We were probably a bit too high for this time of the year. The trip started out nice and warm. But, late on Sunday evening it started snowing and we ended up with a heavy 'dusting' of snow. Then, later that night the skies cleared and the temperature dropped. In the morning, the water bottles were frozen solid. The temperature must've dropped down to the 20s. Boy, was it cold. I think I'm almost thawed out now ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captkaos
... got burnt on my shoulders....
Trade you...
Attached Images

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:27 PM   #13
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxrodz
Trade you...
You say that, but it still hurts when someone touches my shoulders even today...
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Old 05-31-2006, 06:00 PM   #14
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
You say that, but it still hurts when someone touches my shoulders even today...
So Chris, are you looking for an un-burt shoulder to cry on?
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:04 PM   #15
mingoman

I got the rearend back under the Chevelle frame & the pass. side a-arms, spring, and spindle back together. On Saturday I had a cookout for my wifes' & my family. Made chicken in a box & BBQ while I played 70's music on the Sansui.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:30 PM   #16
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

Quote:
Yeah, you're right. But, we sure coulda used more sun.

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #17
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxrodz
Yeah, you're right. But, we sure coulda used more sun.
Last night it was even better. I couldn't stop itching and it was driving me insane. There was nothing I could do to make it stop. Lotion didn't work, Aloe lotion didn't work, warm shower.. nada, cold shower...nope. This lastested approximately 40 minutes. I ended up finding the itchiest cover I could find and wrapped up in it. After another hour I finally got it tight enough to "scratch" my skin to where I could breath normally...

I am sure you were over your coldness pretty quick... I would have LOVED to traded with you last night...
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com