The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2006, 04:26 AM   #1
usarmyoif3

for $300 can i go wrong

i guy down the road is needing money bad and wants to sell a 71 lwb fleetside with a 350 thats knocking for 300 bucks i mainly just want the bed for my 72 lwb 4x4 gmc i dont think i can find a good bed any cheaper then that it has alittle rust in the inside and the back crossmember for the bed and 2 of stripes for the wood floor needs replaced cab is in good shape a dent in the back and needs rockers grill and bumper and one fender is messed up due to tree...lol but its not to bad just kinda bent it out of shape alittle doors are ok bottoms are shot though need th350 trans with a fairly new spare, alum water pump, valve covers 2 carbs one is a holley, a stock 4 barrel intake a mallory dizzy minus cap a set of underdrive pulleys for small block and alot of other odd and ends all for 300 bucks. my girl said she would kill me if i got it i already a 71 stepper and the 72 gmc and my car but i think if i just keep the parts and swap beds it would be worth that. who knows may even cut it down and make a short fleet out of it and have 3 she likes the short fleets better i though of getting rid of her when she said she didnt like the stepside...lol but anyways what do you all think
usarmyoif3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:35 AM   #2
JAMESCHURCH13
JamesChurch13

Re: for $300 can i go wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by usarmyoif3
i guy down the road is needing money bad and wants to sell a 71 lwb fleetside with a 350 thats knocking for 300 bucks i mainly just want the bed for my 72 lwb 4x4 gmc i dont think i can find a good bed any cheaper then that it has alittle rust in the inside and the back crossmember for the bed and 2 of stripes for the wood floor needs replaced cab is in good shape a dent in the back and needs rockers grill and bumper and one fender is messed up due to tree...lol but its not to bad just kinda bent it out of shape alittle doors are ok bottoms are shot though need th350 trans with a fairly new spare, alum water pump, valve covers 2 carbs one is a holley, a stock 4 barrel intake a mallory dizzy minus cap a set of underdrive pulleys for small block and alot of other odd and ends all for 300 bucks. my girl said she would kill me if i got it i already a 71 stepper and the 72 gmc and my car but i think if i just keep the parts and swap beds it would be worth that. who knows may even cut it down and make a short fleet out of it and have 3 she likes the short fleets better i though of getting rid of her when she said she didnt like the stepside...lol but anyways what do you all think

Dude are you serious... Its worth that in sheet metal. And as far as the girl or the truck. There are more girls out there than 67-72 chevy trucks. Peace.

Current vehicle collection:
1968 Chevy C-10 SWB Fleet Side, 327ci, TH350 (MD)
1987 Chevy Dually Quad Cab, 427ci, TH400
2008 Buell XB12SS, 1203cc
2006 YZ450F Wheelie Machine!
1997 Suzuki Bandit 600cc
And the Wife has some cars I pay insurance on and use to transport the kids!(01' Grand Cherokee and 06' Pontiac Grand Prix)
JAMESCHURCH13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:31 AM   #3
krue
Designated A-hole!

It's almost worth that in scrap metal. You ain't bought it yet?

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:49 AM   #4
Ron 586
RIP Mr Ron

If you don't want it will you tell me where it is. If it has the parts you listed it's a good deal. Make sure this is not a bull sh*t thing where I drag a trailer 200 miles and he ain't home or sold it 2 hrs. ago. Best thing you can do is tell your girl do you want to tow or be towed and get this relationship off on the right foot.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

TN Message Forum

TN Facebook Group

SETN Truck Show

My Photobucket
Ron 586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:59 AM   #5
mbgmike

we sold a piece of crap 67 in 2000 for $400.00 It ran good and would pass inspection but that was about all. I would buy it.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote