The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-11-2006, 12:29 AM   #1
CircusWagonJim

Terrible Service!!!

Friday I went to a very large Chevy truck parts dealer for the first time because I am building myself a '56 Chevy truck complete AND restoring a '56 GMC from the ground-up for a lady & EVERYTHING is new including the new TCI chassis and engine and trans. I've already had trouble with the body shop dragging their feet for 10 months (even though they took a VERY large amount of money to get started) and now I got a real dose of TERRIBLE service. So I go into this place and the first deal is take a number- no problem except that there are only two people and after the other guy is already getting help the other 3 numnuts behind the counter decide it will take all 3 of them to empty the cash register AT LUNCH TIME -not the end of the day! So I watch them count the money- take it in the back and then finally call my number. I make my request for a '56 GMC tailgate with the early script and a front bed panel. He brings out the tailgate and it's the later pattern. I say that's not it- he get's really pissed and shows me it's the right one because it says so on the box. I politely tell him it WILL fit, but is not "correct" for a '56. He gets more pissed and walks off, plays with the computer and then starts taping the box back up and leaves to go restock the gate. I got pissed because I had waited a long time to finally get served and then get his temper tantrum. I have been working on old trucks since before this punks DAD was out of diapers and he wants to school me? I don't need to tell him what my pedigree is so I left. I am literally looking at spending over 10 grand on new part for these 2 trucks in the next month and I'm glad this loser reminded me I need to go back to the place that ALWAYS treated me well when I worked at Sport Truck magazine- and that place was Brother's. I only went to this other place because it was close to my work and wanted to give them a try- never again!
CircusWagonJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:59 AM   #2
mbgmike

Re: Terrible Service!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusWagon
Friday I went to a very large Chevy truck parts dealer for the first time because I am building myself a '56 Chevy truck complete AND restoring a '56 GMC from the ground-up for a lady & EVERYTHING is new including the new TCI chassis and engine and trans. I've already had trouble with the body shop dragging their feet for 10 months (even though they took a VERY large amount of money to get started) and now I got a real dose of TERRIBLE service. So I go into this place and the first deal is take a number- no problem except that there are only two people and after the other guy is already getting help the other 3 numnuts behind the counter decide it will take all 3 of them to empty the cash register AT LUNCH TIME -not the end of the day! So I watch them count the money- take it in the back and then finally call my number. I make my request for a '56 GMC tailgate with the early script and a front bed panel. He brings out the tailgate and it's the later pattern. I say that's not it- he get's really pissed and shows me it's the right one because it says so on the box. I politely tell him it WILL fit, but is not "correct" for a '56. He gets more pissed and walks off, plays with the computer and then starts taping the box back up and leaves to go restock the gate. I got pissed because I had waited a long time to finally get served and then get his temper tantrum. I have been working on old trucks since before this punks DAD was out of diapers and he wants to school me? I don't need to tell him what my pedigree is so I left. I am literally looking at spending over 10 grand on new part for these 2 trucks in the next month and I'm glad this loser reminded me I need to go back to the place that ALWAYS treated me well when I worked at Sport Truck magazine- and that place was Brother's. I only went to this other place because it was close to my work and wanted to give them a try- never again!
Sorry you had so much problems. I can relate.
mike
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:19 AM   #3
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

So can I. I went to a GM dealer Friday and asked for some hydroboost parts for a 2001 1500. He procceded to tell me that gm hasn't made any thing hydroboost since the early nineties and I must be mistaken. Then said he'd been doing parts for a long time and new what he was talking about. I showed him my 2001 3500 van which is hydro boost and he says "oh thats a van not a truck". I said look it up for that then. he pushed two keys on the keyboard and says its not available, I need to pay $600 for the whole unit. I was looking for the master pushrod. a $2 part. It amazes me how many businesses don't give a dam about the customers.

You need to tell the management why they lost a 10k sale. Its the only way you can punish bad service.

Then you have the other end of the deal where they guy sends you the parts right away its what you want and you have to remind him a month later to charge you for them. No names mentioned... right MIKE.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #4
CAL 58 GMC

I need to chime in on this one! I know what you’re talking about! It's like some of these bone heads forget that without the business were giving them they would be out of a job. And some just have no business working in the automotive field at all. You go to the parts store and need a set of wiper blades and he asks you, what size motor, and automatic transmission? Like it really is going to make a difference if I had a V-8 or a stupid question like a V-1 And the poor quality of workmanship we get when we take our parts or rides in to a shop for repair. I took some A-arms in to have the bushing pressed out and when I them back they were so bent up I had to take a hammer and a vise to get them back into shape. I have gotten to the point now that I try and do everything I can myself and If I have to take something in, I talk to the manager first and let him know what I expect. Of course that only works if the manager isn’t just as much of a bone head himself. Now after saying all of that, thank God there's are a few good hard working, knowledgeable guy's out there that do good work and take pride in what they do.

Last edited by CAL 58 GMC; 07-05-2006 at 01:11 PM.
CAL 58 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #5
CircusWagonJim

Anyone know where to get a GMC gate with the early script ('54-'56)?
Old 06-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #6
Jebb1978

Quote:
I am looking also. I think we are just going to have to wait out the OEM ones that pop up from time to time. I can't imagine what a NOS one would go for??? I have yet to see one.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #7
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Quote:
do you have a pic of what it look like. I'm not up on GMC. I'll keep and eye out
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #8
CircusWagonJim

There's one in the post about the '57 GMC below- Thanks Jim