The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
mageckman

Question A little help here

I have a few questions that I hope some of you may be able to help me with.I have a 72 Chevy custom 10 longbed that I am working on. I need a new window regulator for the driver's side. Would one out of a 73 to 85 Chevy pickup work? Also would the bench seat of the same truck fit right in without modification? Would a steering wheel and horn button work out of same style truck? Also does anyone have any pics of what style hubcap was the correct one from the factory for my style and year of truck? Thanks in advance for any help. Mageck
mageckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:07 PM   #2
Americanrider

Re: A little help here

We would all like to see pics of your truck and hear what your plans are for it.

I window regs from a 72 are a 1 year only thing. The door panels are wider than 67-71's. 73 & up are different critters all together.

Seat brackets in 67-72 trucks will interchange with each other but the 73 & up are different due to the floor being a different shape. You may be able to mount a newer seat on your old brackets.

As far as steering wheels go I think they will work, there are some threads in the FAQ section about adding a new 88 & up steering wheel to the older columns, you just have to work out the horn wiring.
Americanrider is offline   Reply With Quote