The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-04-2002, 01:24 PM   #1
racedvl
Account Suspended

Exclamation Attn: ---> 250/292 people <---

I was at my local bone yard (ripoff artists), and found a 1984 G10 with a 250!! So I proptly pulled the HEI off it for anyone who may need it. Well, took it up front and he said $50!!! So, I said I would pass. Would someone want this thing. If someone needs it, I can go back. Also, this bad boy had A/C!! If someone wants the brackets, let me know!! I can go back!! I dunno what they would want, but I can get them!! HHHMMMM, now that I think about it, it would have P/S as well.
racedvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 04:23 PM   #2
XXL
Seņor Member

Re: Attn: ---> 250/292 people <---

Quote:
Originally posted by racedvl
I was at my local bone yard (ripoff artists)...
I think "ripoff artists" is right. I bought a top-to-bottom rebuilt with ALL new guts, including cap, coil, and wires for around $90. $50 and you don't really know what you're getting... ouch!

Thanks for thinking of us,

Kenneth
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 05:11 PM   #3
racedvl
Account Suspended

No problem, I was thinking my next truck maybe equipped with a 292. I dunno. I might even grab the bracket for myself, and stash'm. Hehehehe......
racedvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 06:04 PM   #4
XXL
Seņor Member

Up here, there's a local wrecking yard that charges you just to enter the place. When I first moved up to MA from TX, I decided to check it out... I asked them what kind of parts they had. Answer-- "all kinds." I asked them about 67-72 Chevy trucks. Answer-- "very back, near the fence." So I shelled out my money and went in, not looking for anything in particular.

After the standard 'over the river and through the woods' hike I came across a row of 73+ Chevy truck stuff. No 67-72 in sight. I asked one of the yard monkeys and he just laughed. Anyway, I decided to get some tinkering stuff so I pulled some assorted sized grommets from a few cars and yanked the rubber boot from the door jambs off a Caddy for possible use on my truck. When I got back to the counter, the guy tried to charge me $10 for the handful of rubber grommets. I started heading back out to the yard when he asked me where I was going. I told him I was going to put them back in the cars I found them in. He moaned and groaned then told me I could "just keep them..." Wow, ten cents worth of grommets, and all it cost me was my entry fee.

I've rambled long enough

Kenneth
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote