The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2006, 01:34 AM   #1
84 400
Sb 400 club

Need some help on the direction of my truck.

Well the time is finally here. i got to do somthing to my truck. it is the 84 in my sig and it is the little pic to the left. It is a plain jane 84 chevy c-10 silverado with a crate 400 and rebuilt th350. I say "plain" only because i see so many silverados around. Now i know it is a nice high trim level but i always thought the Chevy Cheyenne was a cooler sounding name. And my dream truck is a 72 Chevy Cheyenne. That aside my truck has shaved fender emblems and hood emblems. The only emblems are the silverado badge on the air vent panal and the one on the tail gate. Could i easely change these to say cheyenne? or am i looking at alot of money to do so? Also if not that i wanted to do a GMC clone. With a GMc grill and tail gate emblem. agian my reasoning is that they are rarely seen around here and that i just kinda like the two names better. How hard would it be to find thease parts?? i would go used to save money. The truck is kinda a show truck in the sence that it does not haull any loads and is a thrid vehical. it is nice but nothing like the 77 chevy cheyenne that i see on this board. That is a nice truck. Also if i went for the gmc look could i find a grill that works for double head lights. i would have went for a stock resto on this truck but given the motor wheels and paint i figured might as well do some more. but i always keep any stock stuff just in case my style changes.
Thanks for the help and reading this i wrote way more then i wanted.
ian
pleas post any pics of grills air vent emblems or tail gate emblems. if i do keep it chevy i want to get a centered stamped chevy tailgate over the one i have but like i said the cheyenne or gmc would be better.
thanks
1980 Corvette L-48 4 speed
1992 Mustang GT built 5.0 5 speed

1985 C10 LWB Sold
1982 K10 SWB plow truck Parted out
1986 D30 M1028 fire brush truck Parted out
84 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #2
1987 Shortwide

Re: Need some help on the direction of my truck.

I have always loved the GMC 88+ front end. Infact, I went that route on mine and the only difference is that I'll be putting the billet insert in mine.
My 87 buildup
Daily Driver: 99 Sierra SLE 4X4. Black on Black and harder than hell to keep clean.
1987 Shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote