The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2006, 11:10 AM   #1
74Chevy74

Motor Mount/ Fuel pump clearance problems? HELP?

Ok I've had my motor out for a while and getting ready to put in the new one, I was putting on the motor mounts and something doesn't seem right? One motor mount has a stud on it and that will not fit on the fuel pump side at all, check out these pics and tell me what you guys think...
am I doing something wrong?
Attached Images

Last edited by 74Chevy74; 08-25-2006 at 11:13 AM. Reason: add pics
74Chevy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
EJC78
No Life Like Low Life

Re: Motor Mount/ Fuel pump clearance problems? HELP?

I ran into the same problem with my Edlebrock fuel pump what I did was ran the motor mount bolt from the front to the rear then put the nut on, tighten it. Then I installed the fuel pump. I'm not sure if this is the right way but it worked fine on my truck.
EJC78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:20 PM   #3
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: Motor Mount/ Fuel pump clearance problems? HELP?

I have the same motor mount and fuel pump issue. I purchased the bottom adapter plate from Edelbrock and bolted it onto the fuel pump. This allowed me to plug the fuel inlet port at the back side of the pump and run the inlet on the bottom of the pump. The discharge, to the carb, is still on the side of the pump's front and the bottom outlet port is adapted to a small ported fitting that allows for a return of a small amount of fuel to the tank (using the truck's factory installed return line). I was having a fuel/ vapor locking issue with the system and this cured the problem. Apparently the heat was causing the fuel pump to get locked up and bog the motor on acceleration after cruising around city streets for awhile. I would step into the gas and it would just stumble and falter until some cooler fuel replaced the vaporized gas.

Bottom Feed Fuel Pump Plate Kits
These kits allow you to use Edelbrock Street and Racing Fuel Pumps (and other manufacturers’ 6-valve pumps) on 1970-1/2 to 1981 Camaros or other vehicles where there is a space problem. AN fittings can be used and the fuel lines can be routed more neatly through the engine compartment. Kits include a machined aluminum plate along with all necessary gaskets and plugs. They replace the lower section of the fuel pump and allow bottom feed fuel line fittings rather than the opposing side feed fittings on most aftermarket pumps. The Edelbrock Fuel Pump Kits do not change the flow or pressure ratings of the pump.

Fuel Pump Kit for Street Fuel Pumps (3/8" NPT) ....#1797
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote