The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-01-2006, 02:42 AM   #1
alnshan

Need help with instrument wiring cluster

Hello all!!!

My wife and I just had our 3rd baby so I haven't been able to "play" with my blazer, but things are calming down now and now were getting about 3 hours of sleep

Anyway...I'm back at it again and trying to wire up gauges that I bought from CPP. They're Auto Meter gauges. So far I have the clock, oil and water temperature working, but I can't figure out how to get the fuel and volt meters to work!!! Here's the wiring connector that I have.

For the fuel...do I connect the pink or the 2 brown wires to the back of the gauge???

For the voltmeter...it says only to use the ground and to connect the 12 V source, but it doesn't look like the "sender" is being used. For the 12V source...can I use either the blk/wh or the blk/brn wire from the connector???

Also...here's an update of what I've done so far with the blazer. I'll get pictures up as soon as I can get them off of the camera.

Interior

Purchased a set of 98 suburban seats as well as the console and had them re-upholstered and the console painted to match seats

Door, rear side and rear lid panels have all been made and covered with the same material as the seats

Full blown stereo system. All JL Audio speakers and amps. I'm not the greatest box builder so I cheated and bought a ready made one.

Carpet, dash pad, sunvisors are also the same color as interior

CPP billet gauge panel and gauges

IDIDIT tilt steering column. I was going to have it painted, but it didn't look bad plain.

billet glove box

Exterior

Got my shoes!!!! Whoo Hoooo

Purchased new springs and had the front lowered a bit. It's not as low as before, but it's good enough for me!!!!

I'll get the pictures posted as soon as I can. In the mean time...if you can help me with these fricken gauges...that would be great!!!!

Thanks everyone for all your assistance!!!
Attached Images

alnshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
red71cheyenne
Back in the sticks

Re: Need help with instrument wiring cluster

For the fuel and voltmeter, use the pink to the positive side on both guages. Lt brown to negative on the gas guage and ground for the negative side of the voltmeter. You shouldn't need a sender for it. Just check for power with a test light before connecting the pink with power on. Just to make sure you don't burn up the guage. Sometimes previous owners have done crazy things with your wires. Congrats on all the new stuff and POST PICS! Jeff.
2011 K1500 Suburban
2014 K1500 Pickup
2008 Nissan Altima? The wifes' hoopty
red71cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #3
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Re: Need help with instrument wiring cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnshan View Post
Hello all!!!

My wife and I just had our 3rd baby