The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-03-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
Frankenstien

72 Gmc 2500

Looking for advice on how assess current market value range on this particular truck that I am proposing to buy privately.
I found a few examples at GMCPauls, but have struck out with my local (Vancouver, B.C., Canada) Buy & Sell newspaper, vancouver.craigslist and eBay due to currently no comparable examples.
Any thoughts?
TIA ... FFF

Last edited by Frankenstien; 09-03-2006 at 01:07 PM. Reason: I am a bad typist and my grammar ain't the best
Frankenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #2
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: 72 Gmc 2500

Try the classifieds section of the board for a comparison.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
Frankenstien

Jeez ... why didn't I think of that? Thanks, Bill.
FFF
Old 09-04-2006, 07:17 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Tell us some info on the truck and we can give you an appraisal.Those trucks on GMC Paul`s and OldChevyTrucks are all priced higher than realistic.I doubt they go for near those prices.Nothing sells here for anything close.The was a beautiful Suburban on Paul`s site I`d have given the money for because it was a beautiful low-mile original for $10 grand.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:35 PM   #5
Frankenstien

Hey special-K ... thanks for the feedback ... just finished giving OldChevyTrucks a quick look (I hadn't heard of it before) ... I don't see any trucks specifically for sale, and, they seem to be mostly older trucks than what I'm looking at.
What I know about my intended target truck so far is this: it's a '72 GMC 2500 (8-lug wheels) w 8' fleetside box, original 350 mtr (4-bolt mains? yes?), possibly orig T350 (or T400?) trans & poss non-orig mid (3.73/3.55?) to lower ratio rear end (I believe a previous owner changed out the rear axle, or, maybe just the carrier set, in order to obtain better highway cruising performance at lower RPMs).
It has a bench seat, PS, PB (F disc brakes opt), F sway bar, extra HD R springs, 3 tanks, 2nd battery tray and related isolation relay & wiring. Has optional (or accessory?) trans cooler. Main battery and starter are recently new.
Current owner has many pieces extra to go with the truck:
extra T350 (or T400?) tranny
orig two-snorkel air cleaner housing (currently using some kind of K & N)
sliding rear cab window (currently one-piece)
orig push-butt AM radio (currently has some after-mkt cassette deck installed)
extra plate-style (?) fuel gauge for dash
2 extra 8-lug wheels (w marginal tires on them)
Apparently, has only ever been in one accident - hit from behind and the fix required was to put on a new tailgate. The body is excellent with the only issue(s) being the driver's rocker panel rusted through and the passenger's rocker perhaps in similar condition but not rusted through, from what I remember.
I have yet to go over the truck with a fine tooth comb and photograph it but am more or less obligated to buy anyways as the seller is a friend who gave me 1st right of refusal, an awesome asking price and the truck is a very good candidate for restoration.
Whaddya think?
I'll probably be giving it a hard look today and will post back with more info and some pics.
FFF
Old 09-05-2006, 08:44 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

What part of the country you`re in will play a part in it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #7
northerngmc

Go to http://www.canadatrader.com/default.aspx

Search light trucks

you can electronically search all Truck Traders in Canada. I regularly check just to watch the market place.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/northerngmc/
http://www.members.tripod.com/P-wee/index_032.htm

1.61803 is one H of a lot better than 3.14159, no really it is!
northerngmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #8
Frankenstien

Hey special-K ... didn't realize you had replied ... had to change my default notification in CP Options ... I'm actually in the Greater Vancouver area in British Columbia, Canada ... took photos of target truck last night and got clearer on current condition and equipment / options - gotta go thru the photos now and re-size all the suitable ones for posting ... will post back again here in a while ...
northerngmc ... thank you for the good tip ... I'll go have a look at the canadatrader site ...
In all honesty, the truck has been let go for too long and was sitting outside in tall grass ... has been for a year and a half since popping a frost plug (motor OK so far as I can tell) it's gonna need complete rocker panel sections both sides (cab floor may be an issue adjacent to the rockers ... couldn't tell for sure how far towards the center of the truck the rust goes) and R wheel opening (smaller variety) pieces each side cut out and new welded in. RF fender inner has issues, as does metal-floor box.
I am probably going to pass on it as I'd have to pay $3500CAD for starters, and, there's more work there than I really want to get involved with.
We'll see. FFF
Old 09-06-2006, 12:18 PM   #9
Frankenstien

OK guys ... here's the worst of the rust damage ... driver's side followed by passenger side (couldn't get far enough away to get pass. rocker in one photo) ...
Any thoughts now about my decision that $3500CAD (about 3900USD) is just too much for this truck?
FFF
Attached Images

Last edited by Frankenstien; 09-06-2006 at 12:20 PM. Reason: pass. rocker photo perspective description/explanation
Frankenstien is offline   Reply With Quote