The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2002, 06:14 PM   #1
Paul Clark

Speaker pics? etc.

I'm going to cut the dash and install a CD player. Would like to get one that also handles cassettes.
Does it exist?
Any pics of the kick panel speakers? I've never seen them. chevy71super was nice enough to post a pic on another thread, but I couldn't really see the speakers - expecially the one on the driver's side.
I sound picky, but I'm not interested in external amps, subwoofers, or anything under the seat or in the door panels. I want the kick panel mounts w/o speakers so I can put in my own.
Also - center dash speaker - which is best? -
The 2 speaker unit? The single speaker that you can hook up to both channels? Or fab some kind of mount and put 2 4" in there.
I don't ask much.
Thanks
Paul Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 07:41 PM   #2
67 SS

Instead of cutting your dash why not buy a tape player that hooks up with a CD changer?
67 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 07:48 PM   #3
bigvinnie

I've heard good things about this combo unit from sanyo...

http://store.yahoo.com/direct/sanamfmcdcas.html

plays out of a 40 second memory buffer, so no skipping of the CD...

72 Stepside Project
bigvinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 08:46 PM   #4
69mychevy
yes i did post something

there is a kenwood cd and tape player that is the size of two decks made for a 97 mitsubishi eclipse(i know i know) but my friends got it and its wonderful
Old 08-12-2002, 04:40 AM   #5
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

My wifes 2001 Jeep Cherokee (Liberty to you guys over there!) has both CD and Cassette in it, it's a huge mother of a thing. You'd have to cut a big hole in your dash to fit it in or perhaps replace the glovebox with it! I would agree that if you want to retrofit both capabilities go for a tape head unit that can function as a CD controller and a changer .

You could always take the high tech approach like me and get a CD burner, the right software and cables to connect your home stereo to your PC and transfer your old vinyl records and cassettes onto CD and just have a CD player. You can carry a lot more CD's than tapes in your truck and if you even copy your CD's onto new discs it doesn't matter if some lowlife breaks in and steals them as you still have the original. I am not advocating breaking copyright law, just making a backup copy from a CD/record I already own or transferring it to a different media, particularly with old records that may not be available on CD.

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote