The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #1
hchad18

Rant, tell me if I'm wrong

OK I'd been looking for weld in c-notches. I only found the weld in ones at a couple places. Performance Suspension and "the other guy". Performance Suspensions notches are a universal notch for 30.00 and they are local. The other guy says on their website that they are for a 63-72 Chevy truck and they are 70.00 or so plus shipping. So I'm figuring that much more and they say they are for my truck (which is a 71). They probably go with the contour of the frame and will altogether pretty much be made for these trucks. So I'll pay the extra and get those, I dont just want a "universal notch". Couple days later and I get a box from Performance Suspension, I open it and its those 30.00 universal notches. I'm pretty upset. Not that I might have to go with a universal notch because there is no such thing as a c notch made for a 67-72. I just dont feel this was right.
hchad18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
jimmydean

Re: Rant, tell me if I'm wrong

I am welding in a set of bolt in notches. I agree about being pissed. I would be if I paid a premium prrice for something that was supposed to be a specialty item and wasn't.

I have learned the same thing about fittings. There are DOT approved fittings used for air brakes, then there are shops that sell the same fittings as "air suspension" fittings for double (or more) the price.

I guess if you have no soul, you can make a few extra bucks.
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:29 PM   #3
Draggn66
Wrenchin & Sandin!!!

I'd send em back and buy local.

My Favorite eBay Searches

My Driver Restore Thread
1971 C10 Longbed
2005 Silverado Shortbed
2005 FXDWG
Draggn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:49 PM   #4
70rs/ss

Yeah, tell em the year specific notches do not fit your application, get the $$$ back and then go buy the same notch for less. More $$$ does not always mean better quality of fit, that is why need to ask brand names before you plunk down the $$$. I buy from Summit and Jegs, for some of off brand suspension stuff, I go to AIM industries down in Phoenix.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote