The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
benoit454
Chris

wood interior kit

Anyone know of a place that makes the woodgrain kits for 81-87 trucks? I used to see them on ebay but now I can't find them. I really love the wood look, and wanted to do around the guages, and dash plate, and door panels at least in wood. You guys know the spots I'm talking about, the strips where they are silver in the silverado's and wood in the 73-80 models some of them.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
http://www.cardomain.com/id/benwa454
benoit454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:35 PM   #2
boxrodz
Until Seventy Times Seven

Re: wood interior kit

I know Wabbit's (http://www.wabbitsww.com/Pages/Chevy81-87.html) sells a set for these trucks. They have a good rep in the Street Rod scene. If you're good with wood, it would be interesting to cut one out out of some stock since the trim for these interiors contain no complex curves.

When two halves is gone, there's nuthin left. Two nothings is nuthin. That's mathematics son.
You can argue with me but you can't argue with figures. Two half nothings is a whole nuthin...

Last edited by boxrodz; 10-29-2006 at 11:46 PM.
boxrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:36 PM   #3
magnethead
7000 #'s of american IRON

like the sierra classics (i guess it was an option)?

I'd be interested also, my stock fake grain is worn beyond it's life expectancy

magnethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #4
benoit454
Chris

Yea they have em for the older trucks like yours pictured, but mine has the wiper switch on the turn lever not down where yours is, that's the problem.

Plus the center dash plate curves out on the end instead of being flat.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
Old 10-30-2006, 03:43 PM   #5
mhicks

Benoit454, where can you get them for the older trucks? Like the one pictured by magnethead?
mhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:46 PM   #6
benoit454
Chris

Probably someone off theese boards, they are factory deals. They have factory woodgrain dash bezels around the guages, and also factory wood dash plates. I've also seen pre77 I think have woodgrain on top of the doorpanels.

If not on here try someone like lmc, classic parts, the paddock or somewhere that deals in door panels and dash trim pieces. They should have them. I know I've seen them in the classic parts book and I think lmc.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
Old 10-31-2006, 09:04 PM   #7
benoit454
Chris

Just wanted to pass along some info I found online.

I searched ebay for awhile tonight and found some wood grain and aluminum dash kits for 81-91 pickups/blazers/suburbans.

I think I searched for chevrolet truck or pickup dash kit, or maybe just chevy.

The results were all in the buy it now sections, and prices ran from 125-150+ and shipping was around $15 extra.

So please pass along the info to someone if they are looking for a wood dash or aluminum dash kit. They had like 3 different woodgrains, light colored and dark. They are the stick on kind, have the 3m tape on the back. I'm pretty sure the kits guage surroud and center dash plate would work on the 73-80's since it only goes around the guages and not down belowe, like the headlight switch or radio, and since the center dash has one piece to go between the vents, and a seperate piece for the passenger side, that curves up. I figure pre 81 guys could use the center piece only and the guage piece. I doubt the doors would work since it's a thin strip.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
Old 10-31-2006, 09:05 PM   #8
benoit454
Chris

Also wabbits above quoted me like 325 for their kit and it screws on they said, wood bowties run about 25 or 45 I forget which. Might be a better deal from someone.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
Old 11-02-2006, 11:40 AM   #9
benoit454
Chris

I've found alot of people on ebay who sell this now, the most bommon is the english burlwood, and then the aluminum or real aluminum pieces, I don't think they are like what lmc truck sells though.

Also stylinconcepts has the aluminum bezels used for the aftermarket guage install like lmc, and they carry the door strips, polished or brushed, guage bezel polished or brushed, and the dash strip polished or vrushed.

They also sel the burlwood dash kits, they want 90 bucks for them and like 15 for shipping, I know for sure they have the guage piece and dash plate but not sure if the door panel strips are included.

Ebay also another good source, expect to pay around 100-125 or more for them. To find them do a search for chevrolet pickup dash kit in ebay stores. Most will be real aluminum kits, but most who sell thoose have the wood kits.

I also found someone else on ebay who does different kits, he has ones for 4 doors or suburbans, and has the lower dash wood pieces around the radio, and headlight know or a/c vent, has both variations. I can host and post pictures of theese kits or more direct info if anyone is interested reply or pm me. This guys kit with extra parts runs about 125 shipped I think.

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,