The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-30-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
epthree04

retarded questions

okay these are retarded questions but i need to ask. how do you get off the windshield wipers? i am trying to take the cowl off and its driving me nuts! also how do i take off the core support? i think i know how this is held on but just making sure im doing it right. thanks the help guys! this site is a lifesaver!
epthree04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:13 PM   #2
wolfthing2000
Account Suspended

Re: retarded questions

There is a spring like tab that hooks over the splined shaft on the wiper. You have to hold it in the "open " oposition and then pry the wiper up to remove. Spray some good penetrating oil( like GIBBS) on the parts to help.
wolfthing2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
wolfthing2000
Account Suspended

The core support is bolted down to the frame with a rubber mount set up just to the outboard side of the frame in front. You can't miss it.. You will need the GIBBS here also.
There are the fender to core/grill bolts that have to be removed also.
wolfthing2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:16 PM   #4
rsorrowjr

The windshield wipers have a tab that you push to release from the stub. The core support has two bolts to the frame and several bolts that connect to the fenders. Take the fenders off first
2004 Honda VTX 1800c

Last edited by rsorrowjr; 10-30-2006 at 02:17 PM.
rsorrowjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:21 PM   #5
skchevota

By the windsheild wipers I assume you are talking about the arms? To remove them, you just pull outward on them right at the base, i usaly use a screwdriver to help pry them off, but be sure to protect your paint!
The radiator support you need to remove the grilland any wires attached to itand the support, then ther are a few bolts hlding on each fender that can be accessed fron the inside of the engine bay, then just remove the two bolts that go straight down into the ruber bushings on the frame. that is it. You might want to get a repair manuel that will show you exploded views of all of this if you have any trouble locating the bolts, plus it will come in handy in future projects.
skchevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:43 AM   #6
epthree04

ill try and find a repair manual. i thought thats how you remove all of this but i cant seem to pull the wipers off. ill try some anti=seeze stuff. also the core support doesnt need the fenders to come off first to be pulled off does it?
epthree04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:54 AM   #7
junkyardjohn

K-d Pt # 2039 Is A Wiper Arm Removal Tool That Will Take Those Off In Seconds. They Are Available At Your Local Napa Or Any Auto Parts Store That Sells K-d Tools For Around $10.
No Fuss. Muss Or Bother. No Rag Wrapped Screwdrivers, Pliers Or Prybars & No Danger Of Scatching The Paint.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMOVE THE FENDERS. JUST LOOSEN THEM UP, & WHERE THE INNER FENDERS ATTACH TO THE CAB & GOES AROUND YOUR STEERING SHAFT . SPREAD THE FENDERS ABOUT 2 INCHES & IT WILL CLEAR YOUR RAD. SUPPORT. John
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 11-01-2006 at 07:00 AM.
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote