The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2006, 01:00 AM   #1
trlrider77
Out of money

Finally out!

I finally got my motor pulled last week. I didn't have a camera at the time so I will take pictures when I am finished rebuilding. It took us almost 6 hours to get the thing out. I have a rounded off bolt on the passenger exhaust manifold (which is still stuck) so we had to find a sawz all to cut the pipe. Well I found one but no blade. I finally found one and got the motor ready to come out. We were working in gravels so the weight on the motor dug into the ground making it impossible to move the puller. Well long story short. I found out that I have a 73 2 bolt 250 that has not been rebuilt. it has the 291 double hump heads, and a 151 H3 GM cam. When I dropped the oil pan the oil pump pickup was laying in the bottom of the pan. It's a good thing that I decide to rebuid when I did. I had a budget planned for the rebuild but now it's going to take a little longer and a lot more money that I expected. I have already picked up a HEI distributor and got some Accell plug wires from msgross on the boards. (Which was a very good transaction.) I plan on getting it back together hopefully by the first of next year. I 'll post pics when it's done.

trlrider77 is offline   Reply With Quote