The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
Butch_Highwood

Feedback on Suburban Pricing

I hate to say it, but I think I've got to sell the burban. I've come to the conclusion that I don't have the time to devote a real restoration, and don't have room to store it. So...

I'd love to hear what you guys think a good price to list this for would be. I'm not in any rush, but would like to price it so that it will sell quickly.

Here's a little info on it...
Its a '72, lowered, the interior has been mostly redone, so the seats are in great condition and a brand new upholstered headliner. I guess the only thing that would have to be done is new carpeting in the front, but the rest is in great condition.

The previous owner had started to restore it, and had a custom shop in LA rebuild a 500 from a late 60s early 70s Eldorado. The engine and transmission have about 5000 miles on them and are running real solid. Also, brand new exhaust system.

The body is good, only a little rust on 1 door and a couple surface rust spots on the back barn doors. Paint is fairly new, although nothing special. I've waxed it since the pictures and it looks a lot better.

Anyway, any feeback would be greatly appreciated. When I decide to put it up for sale, I will pay to subscribe and list it here, just trying to get some ideas of where to start.

(Mods, if there's anything in this post that breaks the 'for sale' rules, please let me know and I'll gladly edit)

Thanks...
Attached Images

Last edited by Butch_Highwood; 11-10-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Butch_Highwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
Butch_Highwood

Re: Feedback on Suburban Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
Since you are not a site supporter, what is it worth threads are not allowed.
Ok, sorry, thought I just couldn't list it for sale. I'll go subscribe now.

Edit... Paypal sent for subscription.

Last edited by Butch_Highwood; 11-10-2006 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #3
Scorp
Online Painter

My guess is between 3k-4k. More towards the 4k side.

Last edited by Scorp; 11-10-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
67Cowboy
"GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!"

If I was still in that neck of the woods I'd list it in PennySaver and Green Sheet as well as Craigslist. Start plenty high, you will get a lot of inquiries and a lot of no shows, but by listing it a little higher than what you want you weed out some of the tire kickers and get to the guys like us that want it for a keeper and that will pay what it's worth because thay know what it is and understand the specs. With the new motor and clean paint I'd start about $7500 and work my way down to what ever I could live with. The ride I just sold, I drove for over a year and got enough to buy three new projects by doing just that.
By the way you do realize Long Beach is tomorrw Nov. 12th 2006 and again the 26th; Palm Springs is the 18 & 19th of this month (next weekend). Both are great places to just drive up (*early) and park on the street with a sign in the window !!! And if you want to park inside it doesn't cost that much to get in the show'n shine and your guaranteed to get plenty of lookers. Hope that helps.
67Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:26 PM   #5
Butch_Highwood

Thanks Cowboy. that's a great idea about taking it up to Long Beach and Palm Springs. Thanks for the tips, I might have to give those a shot. We've actually got a swap meet here next month that I might try, too.