The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2002, 05:21 PM   #1
Builder1

Cool Someone from gmcpauls

I would sure appreciate it if someone from pauls would answer me. I can not get through on the phone. I mailed an order 10 days ago and have gotten no response. I check with my credit card company each day to see if you have called for an ok and they have not heard from you. I faxed you twice and no response. I know you are busy with shows but I really need the parts I ordered and need them soon. I'm beggin!! B1
Old 08-21-2002, 05:35 PM   #2
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Good luck...I get the same response from them to my emails! Knoiw they are upstanding citizens and all but why can't they return phone calls and emails? Almost makes you want to consider buying somewhere else.
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 06:43 PM   #3
devinfife

i placed an order for a bumper with gmc pauls over thier web site. i got an immediate response and the part came in exactly when their website said it would. next time try to order it over the site. it makes things much faster. just my 2 cents.

69 c-10. turquoise. 350 motor with 400 trans. long fleet. headers and dual flowmaster exhaust. K & N air cleaner, aluminum wheels and radials, stereo system and a bed liner. Manual drums and manual steering.

Kickin it in Seattle, WA

p.s. i love my longbed. must be a phallic thing.
devinfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 07:17 PM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

GMC Paul does not visit here very often anymore due to the increased work load. i would suggest goint to PAUL's message board.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 08:12 PM   #5
Builder1

I have bought several items from paul over the last couple years. He has always given good service and a good product and he knows his trucks. I have always ordered by phone. You can not get through on the phone. I tried to order on the site but can't find the "check out" button. When I click on the items to buy nothing happens. I e-mailed them and asked for directions and received nothing. I have been fighting this for a month. I have written two items on his board. He answered a question about decals about 3 weeks after I posted the question. Now I get no response at all. I'm not trying to get something started here, I just want to by some of those dated plug wires and plug shields and get on with enjoying my truck.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:44 PM   #6
lux hauler
Psycho-billy Member

I remember him (or someone else) saying that it's much easier to get ahold of him between 4 and 5PM his time (central, I believe).

Good luck!!

Support your community, support yourself. Buy local, buy American (or Canadian).
lux hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 08:45 PM   #7
68 Stepside
huh?

Paul's an extremely busy guy, and he's training a new guy to help as well. He puts in 12 hour + days, and if you've ever been there, it bites. He mentioned something the other day, about getting another phone line as soon as the phone company gets it worked out. Hopefully emailing will work. Good luck.

TJ
Things we said today.

RIP El Jay
68 Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 10:45 PM   #8
C10 - C90 Bill

Now I can understand why I never got an E-mail back from him. Thought something was wrong with my E-mail. He must be right busy.
C10 - C90 Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 11:17 PM   #9
minibike

I had an order about 2 months ago, and everthing arrived quickly and the prices were as low as I could find. I called back about two weeks ago to check on a gas tank, and the lady mentioned they were getting some help. I wouldn't give up on them. My order went very well, and the price was right. They are probably going through some growing pains.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 11:28 PM   #10
mt Al

I've been spending far too much money with GMC Paul lately!! He told me several months ago to make sure and order over the net since he's busier than a centipede in a toe counting contest. He was very clear with me that he is simply not able to answer all of the calls and emails or he will never get to sleep. A guy like that has to prioritize and will unfortunately leave some people out every now and again.

I order everything over the net and haven't had a problem. However, sometimes he hasn't been quick about answering my questions.

I'd look again at for the checkout button. It should show up at the bottom of the "basket" when you look at your order.

I love the service and will keep coming back.

HOWEVER, if you're not getting the service you want, or want to ask some technical questions to a live human, you shouldn't feel bad about shopping somewhere else. Competition is a good thing.
'71 GMC 2wd 1/2T 402 nice!
'72 Chev 2wd 1/2T 396
'72 GMC 3/4T 4x4 2500 Super Custom suburban.

Bozeman, Montana
mt Al is offline   Reply With Quote