The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
superflydude

72 CST Blazer resto problems.

Here is a K5 I've been askin my friend about for a few years. He bough it in 1983 and drove it for a long time. He has been doin little stuff to it but passed it on to me now if I can fix her up. Plus free is a great price. I want to make it a really clean K5 maybe take it to some shows but still be able to roll around in it. Total tear down. I have some questions on it though. I got it running for a little bit, but should I get it driving before I tear it down to repaint and re do everything? I don't want to put brake lines on it and stuff if I'm just going to tear it down. The brakes or wheels are locking up bad cause it was a serious chore getting it on the flat bet and in my barn. Any suggestions? Also what do I do with the pitted pieces like door handles? Re-chrome, powder coat black, buy new? And unfortunately a tree fell on it and I think knocked the rear quarters out of whack cause the tail gate doesn't close now. There is a gap on each side. What should I do with that? And do you think its possible to fix the cover? I'd appreciate any help.
Attached Images

superflydude is offline   Reply With Quote