The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-20-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
19GMC63

Throttle Linkage Question

I have a quick question for y'all. I recently bought a new carb (Edelbrock 1406) for my 350 in the GMC. The PO had the throttle litteraly tied around the q-jet linkage, the other end being that you push on a ball stud. The Edel came with a ball stud.

I was told on the Engine & Drivetrain board that a rod was originially used, but it pushed the linkage. The thing is, the cable that the PO had jeryrigged on there pulls back. Only thing is it rubs on the intake, and it doesn't reach WOT. No one on the Engine board seemed clueless on 60-66s, so I thought I'd try this board.

Thanks for the help.
19GMC63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
slepysal

Re: Throttle Linkage Question

you can get a Lokar cable ,and bracket not cheep but works great. Or go to kragens, auto zone, pep boy, etc. go to there "performance " aisle. Look for a brand called Spectere. They have a universal throttle cable and a throttle bracket about 25.00 ea. instal it and GO man Go !!!
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
rodnok1

Re: Throttle Linkage Question

Mine was a pull style, I did have to modify the lever/rod to gain clearance and for it to work properly. I had to extend my lever up to gain more travel and get WOT. Problem with changing to cable is you with have to get a different trottle pedel assymby to work with a cable. If your are going to change to cable, search the board, there is an article about a NO WELD change over. I ended up using a setup from a Camaro that was laying around, welded a couple nuts to the firewall to mount it and cut a small hole to mount the cable, think I had to bend the pedal rod to line up with where I neede the hole to be.

64 Panel 1/2 Ton
350cubes/400hp
BorgWarner t-10
3:73 Auburn Posi
rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote