The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-08-2007, 12:22 AM   #1
forcedinduction

Header ? for SBC and 5 speed, PLZ HELP

Before anyone gets bent outa shape, I know this subject has been covered several times (I did a lot of searching), but I can't find a STRAIGHT answer, only very vague ones. PLEASE HELP.

I have a 66 Fleetside longbed with a 350 SBC, aluminum bellhousing and S-10 5 speed. The engine seems to sit rather far back as the HEI distributor is almost touching the firewall. The current headers that are on it, were given to me and I had to modify them to make them fit. No big deal as they were not in the best of condition anyway and not coated. Well, now they are rusting through and it's time to give the old girl some needed attention.

I want to get a set of longtubes that will fit correctly, but the clutch linkage is VERY close the last tube on the drivers side. (hence the reason I had to modify them before) The linkage that swings in the frame mount and connects to the side of the engine block would not allow the headers to mount up. I had to cut a section of the rear tube out and weld it in on a different angle, just to get the horizontal linkage to clear. What headers are out there that would fit this application? I know there are other guiys out there with a similar setup, so I wouldn't think this would be such a difficult thing to track down. I believe the clutch linkage and horizontal swinging bracket is stock and was used on the 3 speeds also.

Please help with any part numbers or brands so I can purchase a good set of coated headers and not have to cut them up. Thank you, in advance, for any and all help on this one.

Dave
forcedinduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
leftcoast66

Re: Header ? for SBC and 5 speed, PLZ HELP

I got hooker super comp long tube's from summit racing on my muncie m21 and 350ci 66 chevy
leftcoast66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #3
forcedinduction

Re: Header ? for SBC and 5 speed, PLZ HELP

Thanks leftcoast. You wouldn't by chance a part number from the shipping invoice would ya? It looks like you and I have about the same taste, as our trucks look pretty close to the same. Thanks for the info. Dave
forcedinduction is offline   Reply With Quote