The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
watahyahknow

putting 1 ton truckwheels under a C10

i have this 1986 C10 2 wheel drive that i want to put truckwheels under , not to realy up the loading capacity but more to make it look different.
im thinking on getting dropped spindles for a C30 and build those up with the C30 brakes and hubs .
does anyone know if i can mount the spindles on the C10 A arms if so wat parts need to be adapted and if not how mush of the frontsuspention do i need to chainge

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
watahyahknow

Re: putting 1 ton truckwheels under a C10

anyone?

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
Old 02-19-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

I just cam across a site that sells adapters to go from 8 to 10 lug wheels, but not 5 to ten.

As for parts needed to swap, take a look through the LMC website and compare the part numbers for the different pieces like the spindle, a-arms etc... You most likely could swap in a complete loaded spindle with caliper, rotor and all. I would check just to be sure.
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:54 AM   #4
watahyahknow

ok thanks ..... i was wondering if the balljoints that mount the spindle on the a arms would fit the C30 spindle

Old 03-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #5
laidout

try duallyscene.com that would be the best for your ?
laidout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:31 AM   #6
watahyahknow

thank you so much

Old 03-06-2007, 09:27 AM   #7
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

The ball joints and tie rod ends aren't the same so you will have to change them. The C-10 A-arms are the same but the hole for the ball joint is smaller ( I think). You will have to change the A-arm or mod the hole to fit.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #8
watahyahknow

now this is info i can use , i was wondering how far i needed to switch stuff around .
from the looks of i i might be better off with C30 upper and lower arms and fit lowered C30 spindles they WILL fit on the C10 crossmember .
i allso planned to get a complete delalum fiber bushingkit ...... i need to search a bit to see if there the same as for a C10 , logic tells me chevrolet makes them bigger for heavier capacity vehicles