The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2002, 06:38 PM   #1
Brewski*

Question What is the largest tire I can put on my 16" stock rims? With a 2"lift?

What is the largest tire I can put on my 16" stock rims? No lift, without rubbing

What about max wheel, backspacing, and tire sizes with a 2"lift on it?

------------------
Red Rocket: Stock 1971 GMC KE2500, LWB, Custom Camper, 4x4, 350 V8, 4 bbl, 4 speed http://www.brewski.freehomepage.com/index.html

Brewski* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 09:24 PM   #2
barn9
Half a bubble off!

I'd say the first thing to think about is what type of driving you do the most. Are you still going between CO and MO? Then determine what type of tread design works best for you and your circumstances. Then see a reputable tire dealer (hard to find), and narrow the options. I run high-end TOYO's on all my vehicles, and love them. Before all the nay-sayers chirp up here, I have worked in the tire business for years, and dealt with most name brands, and if you buy a cheap tire, you get a cheap tire. I will not ever run Goodyear (way over-priced), Firestone (quality issues), or any cheapies, I don't care what anyone else says. I cannot tell you all how many people I've seen that will spend ridiculous amounts of money on stereos, speakers, wheels, etc., and then go to Wal-Mart, Pep-Boys, or where-ever and buy those second rate, low-dollar tires that are crap. Your life might very easily depend on those tires, not a stereo, etc. Sorry for venting everyone, I guess it's from dealing with too many "tire idiots"!

------------------[*]'71 Cheyenne, 402BB[*]Winfield, KS[*] http://barn9.freeservers.com