The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
tyjoja

newbie update

well with a ton of info and help from this site, I finally got my 73 w/inline six converted to power steering. thanks everyone. I gave up on the tilt wheel change, I just don't have all the pullers and such needed for the internal dismantle to change out the key switch. I think i'll bail to the knowledge of a pro on that. I put a grant steering wheel on wich looks good but the horn still doesn't work, one thing at a time. Next I'm putting on the front end stabilizer bar from my donar truck, then new exaughst.. Hey does anyone know what might sound decent for a muffler for this six cylinder, nothing too radical, but I'd like a little sound when I step on it. Thanks again. Tyjoja
tyjoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:55 AM   #2
Srubydo1986
The Crazy Machanic

Re: newbie update

for ur steering wheel it not to hard only need the steering wheel pull (which u have sent u changed wheels) the other is the spring compresser that u can rent at autozone or heck buy one they come handy. The ignition is held in by a screw that all after u remove all the turn signal switcha dn spring it sits right in front of you it will be a star bit most likey. other then that it easy unbolting.

As for the exhaust id have to ask my friend what hes got on his 81 with a stright six all i use is glass packs there loud but not to loud. like wake everyone up loud.
Srubydo1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:23 AM   #3
tyjoja

Re: newbie update

thanks srubydo, I'm encouraged, I had both columns out and side by side, but couldn't get that spring compressor off, and I gave up and put the old one back in. Maybe I'll check out getting that tool and try it again. I see what your doing with your project and feel like I'm whining. good luck. tyjoja
tyjoja is offline   Reply With Quote