The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
super72bb

Help... What's it worth?

Thanks for looking, some of you may have seen this in the Trucks for sale forum. I have not had it advertised yet aside from on the board here. I am planning to put it up for sale in the local auto trader very soon. So the Big Q...

How much should I ask for it?

I dont want to make this thread to long but this may answer some valid questions before hand. Thanks for any help and suggestions

Curtis

1972 Cheyenne Super 4x4 Shortbed. It is kept it in my heated Garage, I just backed it out the other day to snap a couple of pictures.

I have owned the truck for about a year and a half. I have only put about 1200 miles on it myself. The truck was used as a fair weather/ daily driver by the last owner. I have been slowly picking away at correcting the little issues it had. Here is a list of some of the things that I have done or replaced on it in the last year and a half.

1)Removed a 4" lift and installed a 2" EZ Ride spring kit. The kit included all Greasable spring eye bolts and Nitro gas shocks.
2)New Tires
3)New brakes... Pads, calipers and I used Wagner "high Quality Rotors" front end was gone through.
4) heater core
5)Recored radiator (4 Core)
6)New battery
7)installed a new oil pan gasket to fix leak
8)rebuilt the power steering pump
9)totally rebuilt to show quality standards factory Q-jet (not installed yet)
10)new exhaust installed
11)new water pump
12)new battery
13)New houndstooth seat cover, I used the new bench bottom seat foam from American Cushion.
14)new black carpet

This truck is all original #'s matching with the exception of the new 2" EZ ride lift and the Ralley wheels & tires. It has a 350 4 speed posi rear ends, tilt steering Tach. The Odometer shows 71,000 original miles. This is claimed to be the total actual mileage. A real survivor.

The last thing I just completed was a complete detailing of the engine compartment and front clip. I removed the inner fender wells and Rad support along with numerous other parts in the engine compartment. Everything was stripped and professionally powder coated Semi Gloss black.
Attached Images

My build thread:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7120181
super72bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:54 PM   #2
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Re: Help... What's it worth?

if it's as clean as the pics make it look, i'd say between 25-30K. a friend of mine sold his 72 swb super 4x4 for $32,500 through barret-jackson a couple years back.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:02 PM   #3
72CSTC5
Account Suspended

I was going to guess between 25-28k.
72CSTC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:13 PM   #4
72Levi

Nice truck but realistically if you want to sell it NOW, list it between $15k-$19k, if you want to sit on it for awhile list it at $22-$25k Your truck looks very nice but I doubt you will get $25k-$30k for it. A truck for this price must be absolutely PERFECT! As I said by the pics yours looks very nice but to have someone pay over $25k it must be a very rich person, and at the right place and at the right time. BTW how about some pics of the engine?
2008 Buick Enclave AWD, Nav, & DVD, Wife LOVES it!
72Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:17 PM   #5
BurnoutNova

a friend of mine bought an all original, 70 cst k5 blazer with 82K original miles, it has every option besides the factory tach and amfm (though he added them later) including protectoplate, all original paperwork ect from the original owner for 6K... and it sat at the gas station for over a year before he bought it. its in almost as good of shape as this one, no rust, nice paint ect.

i dont think you could get anywhere near 30K for it... but just my oppinion
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:28 PM   #6
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

I dont live that far from you and I think your truck should be worth 20 to 25k because of the rarity of the model and the pretty much lo mileage original condition. Even thought Alberta at this time has one of the hottest economies in North America, there would be a very limited market for your truck and I think if you got anything over 15k, I'd take it.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #7
see ten
WTB this ad

Sorry fellas but swb 4x4s are much more rare than you think. 6K wouldn't touch this truck if it is anywhere near as nice as it is being represented. When you combine the fact of it being a swb 4x4 and a Cheyenne factory tach/tilt the numbers start adding up. But of course a lot of people don't like the K series trucks and therefore are less willing to pay big $ for them. I own a swb 4x4 and I know how rare they are. I also know what it takes to replace one. I spoke with Jerry Rodgers at the Pigeon Forge NATS (the last year they were held there) and he said when he sold his K10 (which was also quite the truck) It brought 25K. Now that's been 2 years ago and they haven't built any more of these since then so who knows where the value is headed. People wanting these trucks for nothing is why me and my buds decided to call our local club "WORTHLESS" . I guess a better question is do you really want to move it or do you just want to know what it might bring? I think it would bring 12-16K quickly, sight unseen (internet buyer). The truck would probably be in the 20-22K range if you had plenty of time to find a buyer. I also believe mid to high 20Ks is possible but is probably going to take some time to find the right buyer. I may be way off, I may not even be close, but you asked! I had a guy offer me 14K for mine a few years ago (at which time I had probably 24K in it), I told him before I took that kind of a loss I was going to start hauling lumber in it. I have considerably more $ sunk in to it at this point and yes I have thought about selling but it's probably not going anywhere. Good Luck friend!
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:49 PM   #8
1969k10stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by see ten View Post
Sorry fellas but swb 4x4s are much more rare than you think.
Coming from a fellow shortbed 4x4 owner.I was lucky and bought mine for $350 but thats besides the point.I have nearly $3500 in mine and it doesnt even run or have had body work done.Now,when Im done I will have close to 10k in mine.It probably will be worth more.Mine isnt matching numbers though.That is a highly optioned truck,2wd or 4x4.Make it a shortbed 4x4 and the value goes up and up and up.I mean,that steering column is worth nearly $450 alone
Here is some numbers to show the rarity factor:Notice that the numbers were low in the early years but 72 was the most common year.So,having a 72 might lower the cost a tad bit as to one the same but a 1967-1969.BTW,do I spy "4 wheel drive" emblems on the front fenders?Those werent factory in 72 . But its your truck and you can do what you want and use what emblems you want

1967 K10 Fleetside 6.5ft 1046
1967 K10 Step-Side 6.5ft 1229
1971 K10 Step-Side 6.5ft 1438
1968 K10 Fleetside 6.5ft 1449
1970 K10 Step-Side 6.5ft 1629
1969 K10 Fleetside 6.5ft 1649
1969 K10 Step-Side 6.5ft 1698
1968 K10 Step-Side 6.5ft 1706
1972 K10 Step-Side 6.5ft 1736
1970 K10 Fleetside 6.5ft 2554
1971 K10 Fleetside 6.5ft 3068
1972 K10 Fleetside 6.5ft 6069

Last edited by 1969k10stepside; 03-25-2007 at 09:55 PM.
1969k10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:58 PM   #9
hvychve
To The Levy

Indeed a very internet beauty, from what the internet reveals, it really looks like a very pretty truck, with many good options to boot, I know several guys that collect and sell parts for these year trucks, including myself, and I have seen the prices vary from one extreme to the next, its all in what someone is looking for, I know a guy thats got a beauty (just like yours) , its only got 24k on the clock and he wont take nothing less than 22k for it. I would guess that if a person is looking to buy a new truck, he is going to expect to pay $30k, so I know there are people out there that would much rather buy an older truck that dont have all the electrical / computer systems and still pay alot less than new.
The only difference in buying new , is you can make payments, when a private party like yourself sells a used truck and wants 15-$28k, I would guess you would not take payments , and this would mean someone would (either rich or saved up for just that )have to have a lot of money to pay all at once, I would imagine they are out there, set a price that you think you wont go under and stick to it, there will be plenty of guys that will try and talk you down,
You asked what we think its worth, well, thats hard to determine, by just a few pictures, but the pictures do look like its a nice truck, and might be worth a pretty penny,
I would have to say in the range of low 20's to maybe mid area.
good luck.
hvychve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #10
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Nice ride...no air and 4spd will bring the price down a bit. I realize lots of guys here love their 4sp's but auto's are easier to sell, Ive seen it over and over and I know guys that buy these trucks to fix em and turn em...they try to stay away from 4sp. I'm going to say between 12 and 15k...being a short box though it could bring a bit more. I hope you get LOTS more though...
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:33 PM   #11
TONE

Dustin, where did you get the rarity numbers from? I've been looking forever!
- 4.56 GEARS
TONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:04 PM   #12
super72bb

Thank you all for this great feedback. I was not expecting so many responses this fast.

Just to help shed a little more light on the subject...

I bought the truck from the last owner who claimed that the paint was about 10 years old at that time (12 years old now). I guess it is a matter of opinion on the subject but, I was sort of relieved to hear this as any story the paint had to tell, it should have told it years before now. It is not a show truck, I would say that it fits into the "very clean good weather driver" category instead. I have put lots of work into this truck and lots of money as well. Based on the feedback here, I was thinking a fair price for it where it will also sell fairly soon is 15,000 USD firm. I thought about having it repainted but I think that it would be to soon for that yet because the paint is still very nice. I also considered putting factory air into it but, because the truck is all original aside from the springs/wheels and tires, I didn't know if it was a good Idea or not.

Thanks for the help everyone. It is always so hard to put a dollar value to something that you are attached to.

Curt

My build thread:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7120181

Last edited by super72bb; 03-25-2007 at 11:13 PM.
super72bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:19 PM   #13
1969k10stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONE View Post
Dustin, where did you get the rarity numbers from? I've been looking forever!
It's a secret Actually,I got it from here awhile back and added it as a saved file on the computer for reference and to help others.I just open wordpad up and look up all the stuff I saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super72bb View Post
Thank you all for this great feedback. I was not expecting so many responses this fast.

I bought the truck from the last owner who claimed that the paint was about 10 years old at that time (12 years old now). I guess it is a matter of opinion on the subject but, I was sort of relieved to hear this as any story the paint had to tell, it should have told it years before now. It is not a show truck, I would say that it fits into the "very clean good weather driver" category instead. I have put lots of work into this truck and lots of money as well. Based on the feedback here, I was thinking a fair price for it where it will also sell fairly soon is 15,000 USD firm. I thought about having it repainted but I think that it would be to soon for that yet because the paint is still very nice. I also considered putting factory air into it but, because the truck is all original aside from the springs/wheels and tires, I didn't know if it was a good Idea or not.

Thanks for the help everyone. It is always so hard to put a dollar value to something that you are attached to.

Curt
If you really wanted too...Chipflyer redoes Spid labels for the glovebox so a new one could be made to include a/c.Just a thought,something to consider if you are worried about it not being original looking

Last edited by 1969k10stepside; 03-25-2007 at 11:20 PM.
1969k10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #14
classicchev

I think you are being a little to humble there buddy!!!

I have seen and driven this truck, and that was before he has put all the work into it. For the age of the paint I think its in damn nice shape, than there is all the new stuuf that has been done since. Im thinkin this should be in the 20's.
For all the purist guys, he has all the stuff to convert to a auto, and add the air, do you think he should take the time to do the work, or just include the parts as a package deal?

BTW Curtis, get to work!!!!!!!

Darren
Old 03-26-2007, 02:56 AM   #15
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by super72bb View Post

Curt
Another factor to remember is that you are in Canada and we only have 10% of the popualtion of the USA and after dealing in vehicles for nearly 30 years in Canada, Canadians ( me included ) tend to be more thrifty ( cheap ) when buying things than our USA neighbors.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:17 AM   #16
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

I have a '71 SWB 4x4 Cheyenne Super myself. The motor is not the original and it has some rust in it. I paid $6500.00 for mine a couple years ago. It had a 396 in it when I bought it (original smallblock truck) but I changed it to a 350 H.O. crate motor. I put it on the market at $7000.00 and nobody wanted to pay that price for it. I know how rare these models are so I just couldn't take the pennies they were offering. I have decided to keep this truck now. The way your truck looks from the pics I would put it in the $16K to $22K range.

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"

Last edited by Bishops Trucks; 03-26-2007 at 07:23 AM.
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:50 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

High teens/low twenties.It`s rare,and as far as these go,a`72 is worth the most.Production numbers don`t matter on these.A`72 Cheyenne Super anything is more sought after by the "wants original" crowd.A well optioned short/fleet will not come cheap.Canadians may be frugle,but they`ll take those pennies saved and toss crazy money at sweet southern steel.I agree that no A/C and manual 4spd hold the value down from getting over $25,000.It wouldn`t bother me at all.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:04 PM   #18
69 Z11

Tone, here's the production numbers in a Excel spreadsheet.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 67-72 Production Numbers.zip (10.6 KB, 42 views)
69 Z11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:08 PM   #19
jkaylor68gmc

I would say no less than 25K.
jkaylor68gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:33 PM   #20
70rs/ss

Wow, that is a sweet truck, and according to the #'s sheet posted I own a very rare 67 short fleet!! Sweet!! I thought it wasn't a real deal 67, till I started looking at the frame, and it has no dimples for power steering as well as the wide top rail on the frame. It nowhere near this beauty. I'd say put it on ebay with a reserve of $15k and see what happens?
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:11 PM   #21
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

I agree,list it on ebay with a $15thousand res,there are very few trucks that nice in the north.
67/72junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:29 PM   #22
whatnow123

Crap... 25K??? Why the hell did I lower mine.... I should have bought axles and a lift!!!

Very nice truck!! If I lived in the cold, I'd want something similar.

Build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=219094
whatnow123 is offline   Reply With Quote