The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-31-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
hogrocket

Seat hieght issues

I hope you all can give me some insight here. My truck has been a part for a long time and I'm finally getting it back together. I had the bench seat reupholstered and I recently put it back in. When sitting in the drivers seat I have to slouch to see clearly. I'm looking at the roof line more than out side. I don't remember having this problem before. My seat height from the front mounting point on the floor to the top of where you sit is approximately 12". Is that right? I'm about 6'4. Any one else have this problem? It's wierd because when I drove the thing home after purchasing it I don't remeber this being an issue. I may have to find some different seats to put in--maybe some lower mounted buckets. If someone could tell me the stock seat hieght I would really appreciate it. Also, I would appreciate the measurement from the front of the dash to the back of the steering wheel. I'm wandering how far the steering column (stock) sticks out from the dash. Thanks in advance. This seat issue is really bugging me. Matt
hogrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:42 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Seat hieght issues

-
The seat was probably broken down before you had it redone and after being rebuilt and everything back to original this problem emerged. Also, the upholsterer might have added a little more padding to the seat which would have changed it. I don't know if the seat mounting brackets can be cut down or not. You can look into that too.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:43 PM   #3
woodrow59
OzarkHillbilly in Atlanta

Just measured mine,,,,about 12" from floor to top of seat, but my seat is old and worn out. New foam would probably make it higher. I too am 6'4" and have no problem. I could use more space but I guess I've gottin used to it after driving one of these trucks as my daily driver for 6 years.

68 Longhorn C20 Custom Camper (sold)
woodrow59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:51 PM   #4
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
As far as the steering wheel measurement, If you need more room you can move the steering wheel closer to the dash... Here's how Putter did it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=191143

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote