The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-05-2002, 09:48 PM   #1
69kustumchev

Question one piece glass

Hello was wondering if any one knows anything about one piece glass kits or seen any articles on how to do it. Any help would be great thanks.
69kustumchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 10:46 PM   #2
BIG ORANGE

Smile 1 piece glass 4 sale

I got a brand new 1 piece glass kit that I got from brother if you want it I changed my mind on using it and I want to sell it.

Things happen for a reason!
BIG ORANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 11:19 PM   #3
Low68

Do a search and you will find a whole lot of info that has previously been posted. If you don't see the answer to your questions, reply again. The window kit is pretty complete. You should replace your regulator if it hasn't been replaced recently. Mostly what the kit is, is internal modifications and some small pieces of aluminum. It has all of the felts, scrapers and rubber. It will take probably a weekend. Take your time and go REALLY slow. Follow the directions exactly. If you have reproduction doors, you might have some problems?. I had/have problems with the repro door that I have. I didn't have those problems with the old door. I think that all you need is basic tools(If you call a sawzall or hacksaw a basic tool). It is a whole lot easier with the door off. You have to drill a hole in the front of the door towards the outside. I have always had trouble with the rear window channel bolting where they say to bolt it. I just left the bolts at the bottom out and haven't had that problem since. It gets a little wobbally about 3/4 of the way and up. They look awesome. any more questions? Once again, if you do a search, you will learn more than if you just tried to think of questions. This has been talked about a lot. Hope this helps.
Low68
Attached Images