The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
Evans

Clutch linkage mod. ???

Does anybody have any pics of their modified clutch linkage for headers ??? I'm pretty sure the longtubes that came with my motor I bought, will work except for the clutch linkage deal everyone talks about.....
Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:25 PM   #2
72hotrod

Re: Clutch linkage mod. ???

Sorry, I don't have any pics. But I did make up the linkage you want using solid rod threaded on the ends for a clevis to the cross shaft and a ball stud joint(name?) to the pedal. The ball stud joint (like on garden tractor steering) on the pedal took only minor effort to fit, just flipped the lever so nut on stud would clear. It was something anyone can figure out just looking at it. I don't remember which cross shaft I used, but it only needed a little bend of one arm to clear the header tube. If you had a welder (or a friend with one) that part would be simple. Once you get the cross shaft clear to swing, make pedal rod length to fit. The rod back to the release lever needed to be longer for my setup, it depends on how you make the first part work. I just modified it to fit and have usable adjustment range. The whole deal took a day including picking up the hardware. It worked like OEM:no problems, smooth action. I suppose this isn't all that helpful without pictures, but at least you know you can work it out. I'm no wiz at this stuff; if I can do it, you surely can! Good Luck!
72hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
Evans

Re: Clutch linkage mod. ???

Thanks 72 !!
Evans is offline   Reply With Quote