The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-08-2002, 06:59 PM   #1
lotik
drag it like you stole it

Concerning GMCPauls Truck Parts

I have a couple questions and comments. I would really like to purchase from this company, because the prices are great. But, I can never seem to get anyone at the number on the site. I have tried calling multiple times (early in the morning and late evening). I am going to be making a large order that I think would benifit him. If I can't ever get anyone on the phone, then why should I choose to do this? What if the order is somehow mixed up and I need to get it straight, but I can't get any kind of service? I need to know if it's just me or if anyone else is experiencing this problem. If they are, how have they delt with it? My main problem as of now is what the shipping cost of my order is going to be. It says to call for a quote. As it goes, I am not able to get anyone on the phone to achieve a quote. Thanks ahead for any input on the subject. Hopefully, I can get things straight and become a valuable customer to GMCPaul's.

Chris
Old 09-08-2002, 07:20 PM   #2
BUXMAN66
go bucks!

last time this question was raised about gmcpaul's,i responded about my own exp. w/ paul and got jumped on. some people obviously have gotten through(?!?!?),and have had good service,i think i'll leave this to the natural progression of things.(ie....prices,service,availability,communication,product all will determine whether you will stay in biddness!!).........."thats all i have to say 'bout that." -f.gump
'96 gmc sonoma sle ext-cab. hey it's a 4cyl. 5 spd and good on gas y'know?
BUXMAN66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 07:28 PM   #3
71402BB
now thats a true COON DOG

Paul is a very busy guy! You could always e-mail or PM him and if you do so don't forget your zip code other wise he won't have anyway to give you a qoat. his hours are from 8-5 eastern time so you won't be able to get ahold of him after 5PM!!! just keep trying to call and if you can't get though then just PM him or e-mail him and you should get an e-mail back within a day or two. Good Luck. -Brian

71 SWB Stepside, was a 250, now is a 402 Big Block with 4 speed and 3.73's ( was crushed by a tree, bed sold, motor pulled) was my first truck!... oh well...

72 LWB 4x4 350 4-speed 3.08's posi wearing army olive drab green (SOLD!)

68 BURB 50TH LOOKALIKE work in progress, soon to have 250-I6 with a 3-speed on the tree 4.11's and posi ( currently sitting in back yard tarped awaiting time, $$$, and lots of love!)

67 1 TON- work truck 396 sm 420 4-speed, flat bed 4.57 gears "big red" (my first landscape truck, very rusty and crusty! but still gets the job done when needed!)
71402BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 07:36 PM   #4
BUXMAN66
go bucks!

ya gotta love a guy that 'll hold your wee-wee when you take a leak!LOL !!71402BB you absolutely got me rollin' over here! ain't nothin' like carrying the cross for someone is there? whatever, just as the old adage say's opinion's are like ***holes we all got 'em............
'96 gmc sonoma sle ext-cab. hey it's a 4cyl. 5 spd and good on gas y'know?
BUXMAN66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 07:43 PM   #5
breeh
Recovering 67-72 Addict

Paul has always been great with me in the past. However, after trying all week to get hold of him I finally gave up and went with another company. My order was also sizable. I would love to support Paul but he needs to beef up his order taking capacity because he is losing business now.

"Friends call me cruzer cuz I like fast cars and fast women"
breeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 07:53 PM   #6
lotik

It seems like I had heard that you will have better luck if try calling in the morning. I tried that. I tried continuously from 8-11 (approximately every 20 min. heh) two days in a row, without any luck. The phone is busy every time. I am not critcising at all. I am offering suggestions. I want to buy from GMCPauls, but I don't want to be left in the dark about shipping prices or mixed up orders (not saying that it would happen). I have ordered from GMCPauls before, but my order did not exceed a couple hundred bucks. The site was able to give me a semi-accurate shipping quote without the need of phone support. But, when I decide to spend $1000+, I would like to get everything striaght before placing my order. You know what I mean?
Old 09-08-2002, 08:13 PM   #7
Shane
Account Suspended

Not criticizing....but if someone is that busy, wouldn't it make more sense to hire someone to just answer the phone?? The money that it would cost to pay someone's salary and to install a multi-line phone system would be recouped fairly quick by the sound of it. Sounds like a lot of folks are taking there business elsewhere because they can't get in touch with anyone.

I am in sales too (very expensive CNC machinery).....and if my customers can't get in touch with me, I lose a sale - plain and simple - ...and I can't say that I blame them.

I know when i get ready to spend my cash, I want to talk to a real person....not "voice mail" or a busy signal.

Like I said, I'm not trying to criticize, only trying to make a friendly suggestion.

Last edited by Shane; 09-08-2002 at 10:19 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 08:24 PM   #8
mtdave2
newly minted old timer

i find it annyoing as well, but i just order online if i know what i want. they process the order very fast that way. after dealing with a few other places and getting screwed, i almost always buy from paul. you know you are getting good parts that fit. thats worth the trouble to me
mtdave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 08:26 PM   #9
Tim Christian

Smile

Shane i agree with you. But I thought he hired 71Chev so he would not have this problem and I seen him on the board this weekend(71chev). Anyway I have bought parts from GMCPaul and never had any problems but I guess this was before he got big. Anyway I have also bought stuff from Kingsparts, Shenandoah Truck Parts, Eary Classic and Chevy Duty and I would not place a order that big if I did not get 10% off or free shipping. I bought so much stuff from Yogis I get 10% off every order. My point is shop around for quality, price and in stock items and customer service. I buy from the one that suits my needs not from somewere because everybody else does.
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 08:29 PM   #10
RipMeyer

I have had problems like you describe and wont do it any more.
I now buy Everything I can From WES at http://www.classicheartbeat.com/ His prices Are Resonable and he has good service and support.
RipMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 09:26 PM   #11
gizmo
100% Beefcake

Since it is GMCPauls business I feel that he should answer Lotics questions on his own. I took the advice from this board and ordered from him. I had a part damaged and tried calling him for about a week with busy signals and no answer. I did get an answer one time and I was told by a young girl that the buisness was closed, but that was after 3 hours of listening to a busy signal when he was opened for buisness. I emailed him and it seemed that he replied to my email when it was convient for him. Everything turned out to be fine but it took way too long IMO. Everytime I see GMCPauls name I see other people talking for him. If he is such a good buisness man let him talk for himself.
1969 C10,350,4:11 posi, Fast Enough
1984 Monte Carlo SS
1987 Chevy S-10, 355 w/150 Shot of Nitrous, Fun,Fun
1938 Nash Lafayette
1956 MG Magnette

Last edited by gizmo; 09-09-2002 at 04:33 PM.
gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 09:50 PM   #12
lotik

looks like I will be giving classic heartbeat a try. its looks to me like the prices are about the same. also has a 1800 number. seee if i can get some one there tomorrow. thanks fro the input. i knew i couldnt be the only one with those problems.
Old 09-08-2002, 10:10 PM   #13
minibike

I was one of the people talking for him, based on an order about 5 months ago. Everything went smooth. I have another order to place tomorrow. I will attempt to place it with him and see if I can get through. If I can't, so be it.

I did have a question about a part last week. Sent an email and got a response the same day...along with a picture of the part. I guess I have good luck.

Greg
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:21 AM   #14
OhioDan

Concerning GMCPauls Truck Parts

I found this on GMCPauls discussion board. Thought it might help to explain some of your problem(s)?

Author Topic: Emails not received & firewall
GMCPaul

posted September 05, 2002 07:20 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have tried contacting us by email prior to the afternoon of 9-3-2002 and have not received a reply please resend your email as we had a firewall in place trying to prevent loosing another computer to the ever present internet virus's. Well the firewall was extremely effective in preventing virus's getting through but also seems to have been very effective at not letting through a LARGE amount of emails without virus's attached also. So if you haven't heard back from us on a email please resend it.
I appoligize for any inconvience this may have caused. Hope you all have a great week!!!!
--------------------

Online Catalog for-GMCPauls Truck Parts.com
67 LWB GMC SuperCustom Fleetside
67 LWB GMC Step Side
67 SWB GMC Step Side
67 SWB GMC Fleet Side
67 SWB Chevy CST Fleet Side
67 LWB Chevy CST Fleet
67 SWB Chevy Step Side
67 LWB Chevy Step Side
68 Chevy Panel 4X4 1/2 T
68 LWB Chevy Fleet 4X4
72 LWB Chevy Camper Special
72 GMC Sierra Grande Fleet Side LWB
71 GMC 2500 Super Custom Suburban 402/400
88 GMC 3/4T Ext.Cab 4X4

LIFE AIN'T EASY WHEN YER FAT AND GREASY!
GMC= Got More Class!
1970 GMC LWB, Fleetside, 350/4spd, Flowmaster "40's", 2002 GMC 16" Rallies, cowl hood,and added a bunch of options that weren't there when I started.
OhioDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 07:38 AM   #15
bobs409
1969 Custom 30 wrecker

Sorry to go a tad off topic but im about to ditch Chevyduty myself. Everytime I order something, it's on backorder! Doesn't anyone stock anything anymore? Im tired of waiting 3-4 weeks or better to get parts. (normal parts like window seals, rear bumper brackets, rear bumper)

I wrote them an e-mail but now im waiting on that for 4 days so far! Argghhhh!

Anyone else have this problem with C.D.? I guess I'll have to find someplace else that appreciates their customers more...

63 Impala 283/PG/3.36 (under restoration)
66 Impala 327/PG/3.36
66 Chevelle SS 409/M22/3.55
69 Chevelle 307/PG/3.08 (future restoration)
69 C10 short stepside 454/TH350/3.73
69 Custom 30 tow truck 350/4 spd/4.10 (resto done, CRUISIN TIME!)
71 Cheyenne 20 fleetside 350/4 spd/4.10
71 Chevelle 6/PG/3.08
72 Chevelle 454/M21/4.10
bobs409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 07:49 AM   #16
nroden

I have ordered as of this last summer from GMCPaul. What I do is e-mail him and ask him any questions and he always has gotten back within a day. I have probably ordered a total of $600 from him, the largest total for me from any one parts vendor. Always great stuff and low prices. He keeps his prices low by not having a catalog, reusing packing and boxes, not haveing the 800 number, ect. I have also sent him and e-mail to call me and he did.
I have also found that with Chevy Duty that they always backorder a lot, if you walk in there they will have one or two of things but for some reason want order another one before they will give you yours.
Retired and in the dry... still runs. I now drive Red '01 Ford Focus... better MPG!!!
nroden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 10:24 AM   #17
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

I ordered a set of speaker kick panels and a couple of other small items from PAUL a couple of months ago, I got two of one side... It seems that the match to mine went to NEW YORK.. I e-mailed PAUL and told him to do a drop ship pickup on mine to get to the guy that had my other one. PAUL didn't want to do it that way so I took out of my own money and sent the wrong one to the right guy (MIKE in NEWYORK, A COP) I e-mailed PAUL and told him it was done.. NO THANK YOU OR NOTHING!!! THAT PI**ED ME OFF....

Whoever the guy is above who keeps "BEARING PAUL's CROSS" why don't you bear his business and send me the $8.55 postage it took to ship the speaker panel to the right guy!!

I've only ordered through WES before and when a year or so ago I checked WES didn't have the panel W/OUT speaker, but after I ordered it I went to WES's site and seen he does carry it now...

I have no idea what's up with PAUL, but maybe there is a logical explanation.. But my situation happened before the FIREWALL thing. It's just a shame he's always been spoken of highly on any of these boards.

BRIAN,

why don't you let PAUL know what's going on and see if he won't come over and explain.. I know i would if he were my friend.

RON
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 11:08 AM   #18
chucks70

Not bearing any crosses or anything, just my experience. Called Paul at 10:30 this morning, no busy signal or nothing, he got right on the phone. I ordered my parts, asked him a few question about them, was on the phone maybe 20 min. with him also asked if he had been on this board recently. He said no that he had been too busy with his own and taking care of business. I told him maybe he ought to check this thread out, didn't say anything else, just to look at it. Don't know if he will or not, just saying I've had no trouble getting through and he took the time to talk to me and not just take my order and run. Maybe customers like me are the reason his phone is so busy.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:21 PM   #19
MotownBowtie

I saved my emails and logged my phone calls with him and his wife. Email me and I'll share the story if you like. In short, he has cost me a considerable amount of time, money and AGGRAVATION on more than 1 occassion.
MotownBowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 03:02 PM   #20
MikeB

Yeah. I need prox $600 worth of suspension and brake parts, but am leary of getting slow response if I ever have questions or problems. I may try him for a small order to start. It would be great to buy stuff from a fellow 67-72 gearhead!
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 24 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 03:16 PM   #21
RON WOODGEARD

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeB
[B. It would be great to buy stuff from a fellow 67-72 gearhead! [/B]
Then check out CLASSIC HEARTBEAT .COM It's WES's store. He's also a very, very, avid 67-72 truck enthusiest. and"s a very nice guy on top of it all (NOT TO SAY PAUL'S NOT!!!)

RON
Old 09-09-2002, 03:27 PM   #22
Tim Christian

Smile

You also have David King at Kingparts www.kingparts.com
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 03:59 PM   #23
RON WOODGEARD

I ordered my dash bezel from DAVID.. Excellent service.. Couldn't have asked for more!!

RON
Old 09-09-2002, 04:00 PM   #24
diggin69
Southern but in Ohio!!!!

I have got lots of things from these guys with no probs..... I would call them anytime, down to earth people plus the price is right...... www.chevroletrestorrationworld.com they are in Ohio
Eaton,Oh
rebelryder@hotmail.com
diggin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 06:59 PM   #25
71Chev

I'm in the process of buying a house after moving 2000 miles, and at the same time helping Paul get the phone order program up and running at GMCPauls.
Please be patient, the order line will be up and running in the next few days and I will be answering calls taking orders.
So go easy on me.